Real Roads for Skyrim

Livnthedream

You guys will complain the mesh is too many polys and say this can be achieved with a good normal/parallax map. Am I close?  :;):

Anyway, waiting out long running ideas I can't be bothered to do pays off again!  ::P:

Well it is a nice alternative to people who do not have the ability to use ENB to get access to working parallax. 

And most likely it can still be used with certain parallax enabled textures for an even better overall look. 

You guys will complain the mesh is too many polys and say this can be achieved with a good normal/parallax map. Am I close?  :;):

While I do see that from time to time, generally its true. Especially when looking at weapons. The number of models whose polycount could be cut by 50% (or more) with no real drop in quality are rather high. Especially when they get covered in uncompressed 4k textures to boot. Maibatsu and Newermind43 are both well known for doing just that.

In general skyrims models have a rather low poly count relative to what they could have... So many models would benefit from an overall improvement, without it being able to affect performance noticeably on a modern PC. It is nice to see more people doing this. 

Could start an unrelated dicussion about 4k uncompressed textures.. but that would just derail this thread too much hehe. 

I might try this with SRO. Looks pretty awesome.

I just have. Only Riverwood though, but it actually makes the texture look bad, and I mean BAD.

It looks amazing with vanilla road (still talking only about Riverwood), but with SRO it looks like a big no.