Which DDSopt settings for 1GB VRAM Cards?

YuFeng

Question

Hello,

in the guide there are well explained DDSopt settings for cards with 1,5 VRAM. Unfortunately i only have 1 GB, and while it is true, that with the new memory fix more RAM can be used, i'd rather use those new ressources for the textures from the high res packs that get added in step extended. Also i don't know much about the various resolutions and what they do, so i'd be very thankful, if someone could provide me with the proper DDSopt settings for 1GB VRAM.

4 answers to this question

On this page of the guide there are recommendations in the sidebox titled "Selecting the DDSopt Constraints tab Parameters for Vanilla textures" . The recommendation is for the Standard Quality settings for 1 Gb cards with a comment that with the new memory management utilities many users with such cards find they can use the High quality settings. I'd suggest using the High quality settings and then test to see how much VRAM is being used. The vanilla textures don't include many textures that yield high VRAM usage. The exterior textures in the Conflicting Graphics portion of the STEP guide have a much greater effect on VRAM use.

Guide has changed so we have "Recommended DDSopt Constraint Menu Settings for Optimizing the Vanilla Textures" followed by 4 pics named "Body (P, H, VH); Ordinary & Exterior Normal Maps (H, VH))", "Ordinary (P); Exterior Normal Maps (P, H)", "Exterior (H, VH)", "Exterior (P)"

While in guide we have thing like: "Change the Constraints Tab settings to match Figure V1/H1, or S1 settings", etc.. But there is no V1,H1 or S1 at all.

I'm guessing people will be confused.

First figure is actually H1/V1, and it becames S1 if you change 2048 to 1024 for both uncompressed and compressed boxes.

Edited by killmenow