STEP v2.2.9 Release

TechAngel85

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SKSE got updated to 1.7.1, though I doubt that will cause any issues.

It's no problem, you just need to replace the two .dlls and the loader in /Skyrim, then delete the script-archive from Mod Organizer and install the new scripts from 1.7.1. and enable them. I think You don't need to update the SKSE.ini. Check with console command getSKSEversion in game.

There is also a new Wrye Bash release... I feel like installing, uninstalling, installing new version for days… Mod Organizer, LOOT, SKSE, Wrye... guess TES5edit is next.

I'm also curious why you listed the DLCs the way you did. Is it just for structuring the list or does it actually make a difference to not install the DLCs before mods?

It listed the way it is so that people use the left pane of MO correctly with the new format.

Question regarding the STEP patches, specifically the Extended. I see that certain mods show as dependencies in MO's right pane (The Paarthurnax Dilemma, etc) while others (Better Quest Objectives) do not. I would prefer not installing the various BQO plugins, will this cause issues with the included BQO+(insert mod here) patching? Also, I would prefer not to use NEC, can I also get away with that? I do realize there is a Core patch, but I would like to benefit from the EBT changes the Extende patch makes/carries forward.

You can load the Extended patch with all its masters with TES5Edit. Find the records corresponding to the mod you want remove and delete them. Then clean and sort the masters of the patch.

Oh and EBQO is not required to use the patches. You get some EBQO quest objectives, but no added masters.

EIDT: Now that I look at the Extended Patch, I don't see NEC as a master. Anything that isn't a master does not have to be installed for the patch to work except SMIM. If you don't have the SMIM assets installed then the game will have bugs from missing meshes and textures.

Thanks. I used MO to see what was set as masters, but after reading the Extended patch readme I wasn't sure if I would create issues in game by missing included mods (NEC since I believe it's scripts in addition to an esp, not at my PC so I may not be recalling correctly). I should familiarize myself (finally) with TES5Edit so that I can do more than clean masters and run the merge script. Learning to make a patch tailored to my installation would be the correct way to proceed, I just keep putting that and DDSopt off (although I'm currently reading the DDSopt guide.

Re- SMIM: I just hid my SMIM-All esp and left my SMIM install otherwise untouched assuming the patch would handle it from there.

Making a custom patch is probably easier with the STEP Core patch, unless you only leave out a couple Extended mods, then just delete a few records.

EDIT: I think I also added the detailed changelogs to the STEP patches wiki page. It lists every record in the patches and where they come from. It is kinda designed for people that need to look up a record through ctrl-f or something, mostly had pack authors in mind who wanted to make a patch for their pack off of one of the STEP Patches. Others can use it customize their own setup much easier.

I'm not sure if this should go here or the bug report thread, but it feels more like a question than a suggestion so I thought I'd try it here.

I notice the Guide says when to install DDSopt, but not where in the overall STEP process is the appropriate time to *use* it. Is it recommended to do this at time of DDSopt installation, or at some later time? If it can be done at any time, perhaps a note to that effect could be added?

It can be completed any time after 1.B in the Guide (any time after the Launcher settings have been set). DDSopt is a completely optional process and not considered a part of the STEP Guide. It's only mentioned as an utility that is approved by STEP. I've updated the DDSopt mod page to clarify this.

We've never detailed updates the changelog for small changes on a mod page...only if it's a major change that would affect users (like SKSE and Smart Souls). Guess it wouldn't hurt, but it's not something we've ever done so no promises that I'll remember. :;):

Please.

Someone can link a screenshot with a correct load order ?

i followed the guide but i'm not sure if i have to check "cleaned update ESM" "skse 1 07 01" and uncheck "TES5 edit backups" ?

and esp file load order.

Thanks.

Archived