STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

Even Better Quest Objectives - during FOMOD installation, under Compatible Mods, aMidianborn Skyforge Weapons by CaBaL says that it's part of the Book of Silence compilation.  That compilation is part of STEP Core, so does that make that mod needing enabling in the installation? 

EDIT: 2K, which is an option, according to the guide.  Perhaps that's why you don't see it though.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Even Better Quest Objectives - during FOMOD installation, under Compatible Mods, aMidianborn Skyforge Weapons by CaBaL says that it's part of the Book of Silence compilation.  That compilation is part of STEP Core, so does that make that mod needing enabling in the installation? 

EDIT: 2K, which is an option, according to the guide.  Perhaps that's why you don't see it though.

The Content Addon takes care of the need for the Skyforge weapon patch between EBQO and SoS. You end hiding the Skyforge ESP from BoS, so you can't use a patch because it would need a masterfile. 

Not sure where your confusion is. The FOMOD has the names of the towns for each selection. :O_o:

I'll redownload and check again, but not a single time previous to this have I ever seen the city names listed... it just gave a bunch of checkboxes with "colorname" or gritty/vanilla, or whatnot. I'll check one more time to be sure I didn't mess something up somehow.

EDIT: Verified as not having city names anywhere that I can see - just the options with pictures that, as I noted earlier, I can't associate with any given city because I haven't really paid that much attention to it. Restate my recommendation for a more in-depth recommendations section. As a add-on - the recommendations as they are show a referance to the less glow optional for the BCFs (Bain COnversion Files?), but no reference in the section prior to. Should this be being used?

Edited by Shadriss

I'll redownload and check again, but not a single time previous to this have I ever seen the city names listed... it just gave a bunch of checkboxes with "colorname" or gritty/vanilla, or whatnot. I'll check one more time to be sure I didn't mess something up somehow.

EDIT: Verified as not having city names anywhere that I can see - just the options with pictures that, as I noted earlier, I can't associate with any given city because I haven't really paid that much attention to it. Restate my recommendation for a more in-depth recommendations section. As a add-on - the recommendations as they are show a referance to the less glow optional for the BCFs (Bain COnversion Files?), but no reference in the section prior to. Should this be being used?

You are using the NCC external fomod plugin in MO instead of the default one. This is probably due to compatibility issues you had with the integrated fomod installer long ago, or because you used a guide that recommended turning the integrated one off. Currently there isn't a known fomod installer with which the integrated one fails if supported (it doesn't support C# fomods, like SkyUI), but there are some for which the NCC one fails. And the NCC one rarely displays the page names, which is why it doesn't show you which windows for which city. Also the integrated one is much faster. But you probably don't care for this discussion.

To fix:

• Open Settings by clicking the wrench Posted Image button in the toolbar.
  • Go to the Plugins tab.
  • Click on FOMOD Installer.
  • Double-click on the false value beside prefer.
  • Select True from the drop-down list.
  • Click OK.

...This is probably due to compatibility issues you had with the integrated fomod installer long ago...

Right on the money here... if I recall right it didn't work for about two versions. I did a complete reinstall afterwards and thought the NCC had been overwritten. Apparently not. City names showed up in the new setup, so... yeah. I almost recommended noting this peculiarity of MO, but since it would only really apply to situations like mine, which shouldn't be many people, no need. Thanks for the assist.

Anything on the second half of the question regarding the less glow optional?

Edited by Shadriss

Oh I really hope this is the right thread for this, but anyway

This setting listed in section 1.D.1

[Actor]fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000    ;allows arrows to hit objects as far as the appear to fly.

is now shipped in an INI snippet in the USKP (as of v2.0.5). Mod Organizer claims that the snippet will overwrite any duplicate settings, but as USKP is a part of STEP:Core (and the guide stresses the importance of ensuring no duplicate entries) this seems like it should be removed from the guide.

Oh I really hope this is the right thread for this, but anyway

This setting listed in section 1.D.1

[Actor]fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000    ;allows arrows to hit objects as far as the appear to fly.

is now shipped in an INI snippet in the USKP (as of v2.0.5). Mod Organizer claims that the snippet will overwrite any duplicate settings, but as USKP is a part of STEP:Core (and the guide stresses the importance of ensuring no duplicate entries) this seems like it should be removed from the guide.

This is at least the second time I've heard this...I must have skipped it in my reading. Where in the Guide does it mention no duplicate entries?

Here - see point 1 in the 3rd paragraph. 

The following INI tweaks are recommended for all users and affect gameplay without impacting performance (except minorly where indicated). Create the following at the end of each of the indicated INI sections. Sections are marked by names within square brackets '[ ]', and some of these sections may already exist, but for those that do not, create the section. Carefully check that ...
  • ... no duplicate entries are created,
  • that all entries are placed into the correct section, and
  • that all sections are properly defined

For 'Better Males', there are a ton of options that you can use, such as 'bodybuilder version, no hair version, less veiny version, etc' as well as a smooth version for the faces file. If no optionals are to be used, it needs to be more clear. You should just put 'Do Not Use Any Options' or 'Use all Default Options'. :-)

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

It's not a bug as such, but I notice that in Mod Organizer detailed instructions page it says this:

• Optionally go to the General tab in Settings and change the style to a theme of your choice (dark.qss is currently the most popular).

It's a known fact that the least strain for human eyes is black text on white background. Taking into consideration how much time users (especially newbies) will spend with MO maybe we should recommend a different theme choice?

::EDIT::

In LOOT's detailed instructions it says:

For the Binary field, browse to your LOOT installation and select the LOOT.exe application.
Click the Add button. This will add LOOT to your executables list.

There should be another point asking to untick "Close MO when started" option, which is selected by default.