v2.3.0 Development

EssArrBee

I totally forgot about this during the previous release, but we should add "No More Blocky Faces" back into STEP. XCE says it's included; however, the files are missing from the mod. I confirmed this here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/1392-xenius-character-enhancement-by-xenius/?p=93308

It should be installed directly after XCE.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, i am back on Skyrim and want to re-instal all the STEP and found something who can be better with some note.

2.F. Conflicting Graphics

Mod: SkyFalls and SkyMills

Actualy on the nexus mod page, there is "SkyFalls and SkyMills Basic",  "SkyFalls and SkyMills FOMOD-BAIN Installer" and "SkyFalls and SkyMills 3.3.2 Update" .

The issue (for me) is there is no real note about what we must take, juste "FOMOD Instructions" in the title of recommandations is a tips.

I thinks that logical we need the "FOMOD-Bain" version and the update, but i prefer ask and notice this.

Thx

Wow, what a fast respond time :D thanks.

I didn't have time to edit my post for the next question i face of.

in the same Categorie, the mod: "Enhanced Distant Terrain 2" is missing from nexus, after some recherche on google i see many people are in the same case and found no real solution. What did you think i (we) have to do ? take on old version ? use nothing ? and if i use nothing else what will be the impact ?

The real solution is to use the mod package called The Ruffled Feather and it's optional files. The author of Enhanced Distant Terrain repacked all his mods into one package.

There's been a few posts/threads on this subject here already. Not sure how Google wouldn't have found them.

i have found something about this mod on Reddit, but that was on a topic with only 2 answer and prefer ask there.

In fact the STEP wiki and recommandations aren't updated well, or maybe just people playing the game or less player looking there and not enought feedback to notice issue. I have found othere thing but not sure if i must do this there, and doesn't want to be unpleasant or disrespectful for those who work so mush for the STEP.

PS: exemple, in 2.G for "Skyrim Flora Overhaul" the recomandation are "Use v1.87 Basic Edition. Also install the Dragonborn addon and the Recolored Pines and LODs for v181b optional file" But the Basic Edition is now 187 now, no realy a problem i presume but the aditional "Recolored Pines v181b" doens't exist anymore :s

...In fact the STEP wiki and recommandations aren't updated well...

...exemple, in 2.G for "Skyrim Flora Overhaul" the recomandation are "Use v1.87 Basic Edition. Also install the Dragonborn addon and the Recolored Pines and LODs for v181b optional file" But the Basic Edition is now 187 now, no realy a problem i presume but the aditional "Recolored Pines v181b" doens't exist anymore...

For 1), The 2.2.9 guide is getting dated, yes, but if you gaze at the top of the forums, you'll note that 2.2.9.1 is going to be released shortly, and it does address most of the mod deletions, combiniations, and what not that you are generally asking about. It isn't that they aren't updating, it's that the update isn't done just yet, and they don't do micro-updates all that often. Patience is your friend here.

For 2), you are correct about v187. It's what's being talked about. For the Recolored Pines, it was there last I checked, but it does appear to be gone now. It's not a major issue, however - it was a recolor, which means it just affects a few textures. Install what's availiable (for now), and the 2.2.9.1 update will likely address this, as I mentioned earlier.

Also, welcome back the Skyrim Modding...

For 1), The 2.2.9 guide is getting dated, yes, but if you gaze at the top of the forums, you'll note that 2.2.9.1 is going to be released shortly, and it does address most of the mod deletions, combiniations, and what not that you are generally asking about. It isn't that they aren't updating, it's that the update isn't done just yet, and they don't do micro-updates all that often. Patience is your friend here.

For 2), you are correct about v187. It's what's being talked about. For the Recolored Pines, it was there last I checked, but it does appear to be gone now. It's not a major issue, however - it was a recolor, which means it just affects a few textures. Install what's availiable (for now), and the 2.2.9.1 update will likely address this, as I mentioned earlier.

Also, welcome back the Skyrim Modding...

I wasn't aware that the recolored pines had been deleted. We'll need to address that. We'll probably offer them on the STEP Nexus page since we're the ones that recolored them and Vurt uploaded them for us. We did them so they would match the foreground textures. This might not be an issue with v2.2.9.1 though since we'll be adding in DynDOLOD as well.