v2.3.0 Development

EssArrBee

Yeah, it may be worth checking though to see if the textures we do use are better (i.e., like Recolored Pines) and trim down this version and reupload. Vurt had me as a contributor, since I created the Recolored Pines + LOD and added that a long while ago. He has since cleaned up his files and contributors I assume, so I am kicked ATM.

Yeah, it may be worth checking though to see if the textures we do use are better (i.e., like Recolored Pines) and trim down this version and reupload. Vurt had me as a contributor, since I created the Recolored Pines + LOD and added that a long while ago. He has since cleaned up his files and contributors I assume, so I am kicked ATM.

In other words, see if he's updated any of the textures or meshes for the vanilla stuff. I would imagine that he'd update the basic version as well if he had, but you never know.

EDIT:

From the sounds of his Nexus page, there doesn't seem to be anything we can update. We use basic. Regular version simply adds in those non-vanilla assets. v2.+ comes with completely new meshes and textures for trees but this requires beefier PC requirements. We could support all versions: Basic for Core and Regular for Extended. v2.+ would have to be user choice since it requires more graphics power to run it, but no reason to exclude it from Extended, imo.

From the deleted 2.3.0 changelog page, it appears that 2.3.0 will not come around because a lot of post-release changes have been done to 2.2.9 anyway, is that correct?

I understand there's a 2.2.9.1 version being released, but I can't find any information on 2.3.0

There isn't much on 2.3 right now. The most significant change is the Guide will be splint. The Guide as it is now will become strictly STEP:Core, which will the be basis for all STEP related Packs. STEP:Extended will be moved to a Pack where it will become the Official STEP Pack. As you can probably tell, STEP is shifting to a pack oriented structure. There are already several really good Packs to use on top of STEP created by forum members whom we've given the of Pack Authors.

Thank you for the information!

Although, if I may share my opinion: 2.2.9.1 could really be named 2.3, by the time it's released there will be so many changes since the release of 2.2.9 it warrants a new increment altogether (maybe not 2.2.9.1 in itself, but the cumulative changes + 2.2.9.1)

• +1 1

I want to help out with 2.2.9.1/2.3. What needs work? I have some programming experience.

Right now there isn't much to be done. We're finishing some things up behind the scenes and once that is done there are a few mods pages to add instructions to and tighten up. After that the release will be ready. I'm hoping it'll be out this week, but no promises.

• 1 month later...

Is there any kind of milestone checklist for 2.3? Somewhere that we can see what exactly is left to do, even if we can't specifically help.

For example, I'm completely prepared to pre-emptively make a copy of the 2.2.9.1 guide with all non-Core bits removed.

Is there any kind of milestone checklist for 2.3? Somewhere that we can see what exactly is left to do, even if we can't specifically help.

For example, I'm completely prepared to pre-emptively make a copy of the 2.2.9.1 guide with all non-Core bits removed.

There used to be a page, but we had to delete it to propagate a new list for 2.2.9.1.

I'm about to propagate the 2.2.9.2 list, then you can start a new 2.3.0 if you would like to.