Skyrim - Enhanced Camera (by LogicDragon)

dstansberry

Discussion thread:
Skyrim - Enhanced Camera by LogicDragon
Wiki Link

As someone who plays exclusively in 1st person, this looks interesting to me. I'm intrigued by the prospect of not being forced to 3rd person perspective when mining or crafting.

EDIT:
Though judging from the comments, it could do with a little polish. Still, it's early and hopefully with sufficient feedback things will get better! Edited by hishutup

I've tried it, looks really interesting.

I like the shadow projected by mine character, the idle animations like sitting made in 1st person view and horse riding. It have also an option which enables head bobbing but I had headache within in 5 minutes.

The installation is quite simple, just put the DLL and INI in the SKSE/plugins folder and you're ready.

Any further thoughts on this one after a few more days of testing, Manny? I've been playing with throwing this into the mix, but the known errors and the posts on the main page are making me just apprehensive enough to push it off. If it's still holding stable for you and you haven't seen any significant problems, then I may take the plunge.

How does this mod differ from "Immersive First Person View" (nexus #49036)?  I tried Immersive First Person View back in January and it didn't work out for me very well so I posted this:

hmmm, I tried this mod and played with it for about 15 minutes. At first it was totally unusable, but I finally set Profile 1 to everything and had to reduce the rotation to 0 just to get the screen from going all over the place. But when I draw my weapon (bow) I really can't see it. I tried moving the camera back bit by bit until I could see my own jaw but the bow still wasn't visible. I then tried moving and aiming and shooting. Aiming is waaaaaayyyy too jerky using this mod. The slightest movement causes the bow to jerk to one side then back again.I tried setting the camera height and camera forward settings a bit but nothing helped.Not sure what I'm doing wrong here? It must be easier than this. I just want to get one view working correctly before I feel like it's worth putting the effort into getting all the correct views while riding horses or other things, but just standing and shooting my bow seemed unusable. So I uninstalled the mod for now.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been using this mod for a couple days now with STEP Core. It works great and even adds the palyer's shadow plus first person horse riding. I think it should considered for testing simply for the subtle enhancement it offerers.

I haven't tested it with STEP Extended yet, but I don't see any reason it shouldn't work.

I also have the FNV version added to F&L, Kelmych has the FO3 version added to C&PD, Neo has the Skyrim version in SRLE, and Hishutup has it in Mythic Dawn (you really need a proper abbreviation hishy, get on board with the rest of us! ::P: ). All versions are by the same author and it's not unfriendly to lore or the vanilla game or anything like that.