Best of ENB_Visual Comparison

frihyland

NOTE: RLwC and CoT will be compatible with the release of RLwC version 4, but for now only use one:

From the author of CoT:

Realistic Lighting 4.0. & Climates Of Tamriel

-------------------------------------------------------------

Good News! Both of these mods will be compatible. Upon release, I will be recommending RL 4.0 as your 'goto' interiors lighting overhaul.

From the author of RLwC (Sydney666):

"Realistic Lighting 4.0 will be compatible with Wet and Cold, Footprints, Frostfall, URWL, Claralux, Lanterns of Skyrim, Climates of Tamriel and a whole host of other mods because it is going to be VERY modular and highly customizable."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently I'm writing a lighting mod page for the wiki. Who do I need to submit it to for review? It's in txt format and needs to be converted to wiki code but I'm setting it up like the ENB Guide. I'll do that part when the writing is finished and review has been approved.

Also, if you've been keeping up with this thread, you know I'm been evaluating ENBs for realism and natural lighting. Currently the ENBs on this list are:

• Project ENB
  • Seasons of Skyrim
  • SkyRealism
  • True Vision

I've found a few more on nexus and wanted to know what everyone thoughts are on them and if they deserve to be include in my evaluation:

Currently I'm writing a lighting mod page for the wiki. Who do I need to submit it to for review? It's in txt format and needs to be converted to wiki code but I'm setting it up like the ENB Guide. I'll do that part when the writing is finished and review has been approved.

Also, if you've been keeping up with this thread, you know I'm been evaluating ENBs for realism and natural lighting. Currently the ENBs on this list are:

• Project ENB
  • Seasons of Skyrim
  • SkyRealism
  • True Vision

I've found a few more on nexus and wanted to know what everyone thoughts are on them and if they deserve to be include in my evaluation:

Just create a page at [ wiki/Guide:Lighting ] and past in what you have.

No need to have anything reviewed beforehand, as that is what the wiki is for ;)

We will create a link from elsewhere when it is ready enough for "release"

Thanks for contributing :thumbsup:

I can't decide which is better. One is more natural and one is more vibrant but still amazing. They are tied up in my comparisons so you guys help me break this tie up!

SkyRealism - Cinematic with RCRN - Classic

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

True Vision - Natural with RLwC - Vision

To view all the images to compare go to my album here. The top set it SkyRealism and the bottom set is True Vision.

I can't decide which is better. One is more natural and one is more vibrant but still amazing. They are tied up in my comparisons so you guys help me break this tie up!

To view all the images to compare go to my album here. The top set it SkyRealism and the bottom set is True Vision.

out of the box, I much prefer SkyRealism in the first shot, but true Vision wins the rest (esp #2 and #4). Both need some very small tweaks to arrive to the same result (essentially).

I have been extensively developing my own version of SkyRealism starting from the vanilla baseline and have a much better version now than all of the presets offered. I'll post my settings once I finalize.

If you turn up [Environment] cloud intensity (or maybe it is under [sky], in which case, you will need to turn that on) in SkyRealism, then you will get better clouds for #2. Also, the sunrays need to go way down to 1.5x to fix #4. Increase very slightly your ambient, fog, volumetric and gradient "curve" values at night (and ambient for day) to get a bit more darkness in the background (works for interiors too).

out of the box, I much prefer SkyRealism in the first shot, but true Vision wins the rest (esp #2 and #4). Both need some very small tweaks to arrive to the same result (essentially).

I have been extensively developing my own version of SkyRealism starting from the vanilla baseline and have a much better version now than all of the presets offered. I'll post my settings once I finalize.

If you turn up [Environment] cloud intensity (or maybe it is under [sky], in which case, you will need to turn that on) in SkyRealism, then you will get better clouds for #2. Also, the sunrays need to go way down to 1.5x to fix #4. Increase very slightly your ambient, fog, volumetric and gradient "curve" values at night (and ambient for day) to get a bit more darkness in the background (works for interiors too).

Yeah, these are out of the box without any tweaks (which you picked up on). I was planning on going with SkyRealism myself and will have to try your suggested tweaks. I haven't dived into tweaking ENBs yet but that will be my next journey. I really like the slightly more vibrant colors of True Vision, but I'm going for the most natural lighting so it's going to be SkyRealism for my personal use. Both these combinations will be added to the ENB Guide when I get around to editing it. Also included with be:

• Project ENB with CoT
  • SkyRealism - Vanilla with RCRN - Classic
  • True Vision - Cinematic with RLwC - Vision
Seasons of Skyrim was in the testing group but out of all of them it placed last because the out-of-the-box lighting during the day was unnaturally dark in all combinations so I'm omitting it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've found RCRN 3.6 with RCReN ENB is the combination I can't stay away from. I feel that Project ENB brings a fuzzy brightness to it that pulls me way too far out of the game. Before I was just using Skyrealism with CoT' date=' but ever since RCRN used to be a part of STEP, I haven't been able to stay away from it for very long. That and RCReN doesn't use Dof, which is nice for me, because most ENB DoFs give me a headache.[/quote']

Just curious if you use both together, and if so... how? I thought RCRN Plus ENB basically replaced RCRN. I don't know how I'd make them both work together since RCRN Plus ENB already has a proxy .dll file assigned in the enbseries.ini for smaa.

That information is no longer valid. RCRN Plus uses RCRN 3.6 with a custom SkyRealism ENB preset. Can't use both RCRN 3.6 and RCRN Plus together.

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

What do you guys think of K ENB? ( https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30158 )

Looks great, but it's too overly vibrant and saturated for my tastes. Some people like that and some people don't. I happen to be the latter and prefer a more realistic coloring scheme.

That information is no longer valid. RCRN Plus uses RCRN 3.6 with a custom SkyRealism ENB preset. Can't use both RCRN 3.6 and RCRN Plus together.

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

What do you guys think of K ENB? ( https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30158 )

Looks great, but it's too overly vibrant and saturated for my tastes. Some people like that and some people don't. I happen to be the latter and prefer a more realistic coloring scheme.

Yeah I like a lot of it, but there's just something about it that's keeping me undecided on that ENB. I'm currently trying to figure out what to use and having a difficult time making a decision. Do you know if TC plans to update RCRN Plus?

I have no idea. I'm currently using SkyRealism - Cinematic with the lettbox bars turned off and Realistic Lighting Overhaul. This combination is more "realism" than "fantasy" lighting and colors though. ENB and lighting is a very personal choice so it's hard to guide anyone on those. People like too many different things with these things.