Mod installation, please correct me if I am wrong.

I had to install a mod today but not all the files. Sometimes it says don't install x.DDS or x_n.DDS. but today I had to not install x*.DDS. I know the * has no meaning and so it means x.DDS the problem is there is no x.DDS only x_n.DDS and x_d.DDS now I wonder does *.DDS mean all the DDS from a file? So do I need to skip the n.DDS and d.DDS?

This is what I mean,

textures/dlc02/landscape/dlc2basaltcolumnsingle*.dds (High Resolution DLC is superior.)textures/dlc02/landscape/dlc2basaltside*.dds (High Resolution DLC is superior.)textures/dlc02/landscape/dlc2road01ash01*.dds (High Resolution DLC is superior.)textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_darkcliff_01*.dds (High Resolution DLC is superior.)textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_rocks_01*.dds (Serious HD is superior.)textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_tundra_01*.dds (High Resolution DLC is superior.)textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_tundra_03*.dds (High Resolution DLC is superior.)

Cylion,

What the instructions mean using the example below:

textures/dlc02/landscape/dlc2basaltcolumnsingle*.dds 

Path to the file within the mod is textures/dlc02/landscape/

Do not install any files which begin with dlc2basaltcolumnsingle (the * is a wildcard symbol) and end with .dds 

Hope this helps