STEP v2.2.9 Naked NPC Issue

TechAngel85

Since the release of STEP v2.2.9 there has been an ongoing issue with naked NPCs in various parts of Skyrim. Until today the issue was under investigation. It has now been resolved. If you are having this issue, please continue reading to resolve it.

Issue:
There are naked NPCs in the game. Although this makes for a quite hilarious encounter with couriers running up to the PC stating they have something for "your eyes only", this issue needed resolving. After a lot of head scratching and troubleshooting it was discovered the naked NPCs were caused by the addition of aMidianBorn Content Addon in STEP v2.2.9. More specifically, Content Addon has not been given the needed bash tags for it to function properly in certain mod setups such as STEP. This caused issues with the leveled lists.

Resolution:
The issue is resolved by adding the Delev and Relev tags to aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp before rebuilding your Bashed Patch. The instructions for doing this have been add on the Bashed Patch mod page. This will resolve the naked NPCs for any new game that is started. However the issue will remain present on any saves without the proper bash tags being added to Content Addon.

To fix the naked NPCs on current saves do the following:

•  
  • Find the NPC.
  • Open the console ( ~ key )
  • Click on the NPC to display its Base ID
  • Type in resetinventory .....(For example: resetinventory 0008774F)
  • Hit Enter and the command will run. You will probably see the NPC turn partially invisible.
  • Close the console and the NPC should be fixed.

This will have to be done for any naked NPCs or NPCs missing items (like boots) that are encountered. This method isn't ideal; however, it does prevent users from having to restart their games in order to fix the issue.

Some users have also reported LOOT not properly applying some bash tags. It is recommended, if other issues are present, to check this to make sure the bash tags have been properly applied before building the Bashed Patch.

Oh, you are awesome for finding a fix, just started a new save earlier today, and while escaping helgen saw, crap forget his name but he gives you the kynereth's blessing quest. Whatever, he was naked, and thought it was funny. But question, is there any collective information here about STEP mods that need bash tags in-place, so if LOOT didn't place them, I can manually fix them? Thanks.

Oh, you are awesome for finding a fix, just started a new save earlier today, and while escaping helgen saw, crap forget his name but he gives you the kynereth's blessing quest. Whatever, he was naked, and thought it was funny. But question, is there any collective information here about STEP mods that need bash tags in-place, so if LOOT didn't place them, I can manually fix them? Thanks.

Currently there isn't; however, it's a rather simply task to gather that information from LOOT. I'm headed to bed so I'll post it tomorrow if no one does so before I do.

So can you not rebuild a bash patch mid save with new tags? I rebuilt mine a few hours in after forgetting to add the tags for the step patch. Is that generally a bad idea or is there something different with this issue?

So can you not rebuild a bash patch mid save with new tags? I rebuilt mine a few hours in after forgetting to add the tags for the step patch. Is that generally a bad idea or is there something different with this issue?

You should rebuild your bashed patch any time you add in mods that aren't just textures. This just happen to be a rarer case with the mod and level lists involved that causing issues in old saves that have the Content Addon without the proper bash tags applied.

I just discovered why I never had this issue. I had the content addon tagged with Delev Relev the whole time. I guess I made that change after seeing the patch patching incorrectly in TES5Edit and realized it needed tags, but never thought to mention it. I wonder if there are any other small glitches I've fixed similarly and selfishly :;):

I just discovered why I never had this issue. I had the content addon tagged with Delev Relev the whole time. I guess I made that change after seeing the patch patching incorrectly in TES5Edit and realized it needed tags, but never thought to mention it. I wonder if there are any other small glitches I've fixed similarly and selfishly :;):

...and to think, all this could have been prevented at release! Shesh! Share the knowledge man! Haha! :lol: Just givin ya a hard time! :thumbsup:

Just 'discovered' it eh? More like sitting in the wings with a big bowl of popcorn, watching us squirm like it was a sporting event, just waiting to see if'n we'd figure it out on our own. Which we did. So HA! Jokes on YOU!

You evil, evil person.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to know this as well as I too have encounterd a naked NPC (the seller in Warmaidens in Whiterun) and have made significant progress which I'm not going to repeat (as I've restarted Skyrim 15-20 times since S.T.E.P 2.2.4 and haven't completed a single playthorugh yet!).  Can I not just add the tags, rebuild the bashed patch and off to go or is it a case of doing what you mentioned above for each NPC? (which I have no problem doing - just curious)

Thanks.

Archived