Photo

Any STEPer Still Interested in Benchmarking?

benchmark

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GreyTook

GreyTook

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Hello STEP World!

I'd like to know if any of the STEPers out there are still interested in collecting benchmark data.  I'm completely new to skyrim on the PC and modding in general, but I've been drinking from the firehose for the last couple of weeks.  I've finally made my way to STEP, GEMS, and MO as the way to go.  I was very interested in the benchmarking information on the site, so I've been building a workbook as I go.  This a new machine for me, new custom build based on PcPer suggestions, and is a moderate build at ~1k so far, maybe a little less.

My goal is to get a really well modded game for a full playthrough, which I've never done.  I've bought in to MO, so I can have profiles with options like Frostfall.  Still learning DDSopt and Wryebash.  I have already started collecting benchmark data based on the suggestions of this site.  I was very interested in doing this on my own to see what the data looked like for my system, and possibly to compare to others.  I'm a PM now, but I was a server Test Engineer for the last 10 years or so, so I'm very interested in seeing real, repeatable data.  It's been fun so far collecting and sorting the data.

I am using Fraps and GPU-Z at this point.  I'm only collecting the 'Dynamic' Vram usage as it seems that's the only thing applicable to DX11 and above in GPU-Z.  I just noticed the thread below regarding a new GPU benchmarker, so I'll look in to that.  In the meantime, I'll post my current workbook here, and willingly accept comments on collection and reporting.  It's not too late for me start over either.

So far I've collected 3 runs of the Vanilla+OptimizedVanTextures+SKSE, and then +Enboost+stableugridstoload.  I've done 3 runs for each, and averaged the numbers for those three runs in each condition.  Hopefully I did the vamilla texture optimization right, following the Quick Start DDSopt guide.  The most interesting thing I've seen so far in the data is that Enboost+stableugrids most certainly showed a drop in vram usage.  Quite appreciably I think.

If STEPers are still interested in collecting this data, please let me know.  Also let me know if there are suggestions in the collection or reporting method.  I'll keep on this mission regardless.

Happy Gaming to you all!

Attached File  STEP_Bench1_GreyTook v0.01.xlsx   60.18KB   6 downloads

GT

Edited by GreyTook, 26 July 2014 - 10:06 PM.

#2 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hi GreyTook

We are always interested in benchmark data for STEP, so we appreciate you posting it. We have been remiss in putting it to use though, since we haven't applied the resources yet. We'll get there eventually though, so keep submitting in the meantime if you are willing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: benchmark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users