Gopher switching to MO

Thought this was a bit of interesting news. Gopher, who has used NMM forever, has been testing out Mod Organizer and will probably be switching over to it (at least for a while he says). This is big news only because he has so much influence in the community and because of this influence, we could be seeing a lot more users switching to MO. Since STEP hosts the official MO Support Threads, this also means a potential increase in STEP users as well.

The community would benefit greatly from both the adoption of MO & STEP. So many modders still struggle with problems that have been mitigated or resolved already, avoiding duplication of effort could allow more time for creating and lees time devoted to fixing (assuming people will read the forums and find their answers). Like any product you need name recognition, if Gopher is priming the pump by name dropping then when we suggest MO or STEP as a solution it will carry more weight.

I'm curious what this means for his relationship with the Nexus. I was thinking he used it because of that, but now maybe he's doing something else on his own.

I'm wondering the same thing!

As a side note, I hope once he's finished with Richard that he plans to (eventually) start a new character and playthrough of the game.  I love his videos!

My friend's mom is has a very strong opinion on the subject.  Both her son and I are subscribed to Gopher and watch almost all of his videos.  On numerous occasions she's lectured us about how we're wasting our time watching videos of someone playing a video game.  She also thinks that anyone who makes a living playing video games or making YouTube videos needs to "grow up" and "get a real job."  :rolleyes:  I fully support people who make a living that way!  If you're good at something, love doing it, and can successfully support yourself by doing it, then more power to ya!  Far too many people in this world hate their jobs.

/fanboyrant  ::P:

I think its great. So get over to gopher an encourage him to mention the STEP Mod Organizer tutorials for a thorough, STEP by STEP how to use absolutely everything within it option for people = ) lol.... Thanks

Already done ;)We sorted that out before posting in the public forum :)

Sometimes I start watching let's play videos and it just makes want to go play the game myself. It is a cyclical addiction thing I guess.

I've never actually watched Gopher's Let's Plays though, pretty much stick to RosterTeeth. PewDiePie annoys the heck out of me, I can't believe that guy makes something around $4 million last year. I should have just done that instead of going to school till I was 25. /bitter

I just like Gopher's tutorials and mod showcases, but anyone that doesn't showcase the latest titty mods is usually going to some views from me.

I'm the same. I recently started watching sorcerordave and it just makes me want to play. Gopher's tutorial video's lured me across from console to PC (haven't looked back) but I havent watched any of his let's plays. I've got to stop watching Hodilton though. Everything he showcases looks amazing and i just want to download those shiny mods!

Sometimes I start watching let's play videos and it just makes want to go play the game myself. It is a cyclical addiction thing I guess.

I've never actually watched Gopher's Let's Plays though, pretty much stick to RosterTeeth. PewDiePie annoys the heck out of me, I can't believe that guy makes something around $4 million last year. I should have just done that instead of going to school till I was 25. /bitter

I just like Gopher's tutorials and mod showcases, but anyone that doesn't showcase the latest titty mods is usually going to some views from me.

For me, it depends on what kind of mood I'm in.  Seeing as I'm caught up in his series' though, it doesn't affect me too much.  When I first started watching them though, I binged; that made me want to play!  ::D:

I agree about PewDiePie.  As much as I respect the fact that the man's found his career and is running with it, I personally don't find his videos entertaining.  They're just.... not "me," I guess.  Posted Image

I'm the same. I recently started watching sorcerordave and it just makes me want to play. Gopher's tutorial video's lured me across from console to PC (haven't looked back) but I havent watched any of his let's plays. I've got to stop watching Hodilton though. Everything he showcases looks amazing and i just want to download those shiny mods!

I know, right?!  It's the same way for me!  I start watching spotlights on Brodual, Insane0hflex, Hodilton, etc. and I'm like; "downloading, downloading, downloading..."  ::P: