ESO Opinions?

Geheiligt

Hi all, so I've been curious about the Elder Scrolls Online and have been thinking about picking it up. I was hoping to gain some insight from those who have played it, preferably recently. I understand the Beta and early release were extremely buggy, and have yet to find a review newer than late April.

It is my understanding there really is no open world concept and is mostly a "single player" MMO. Which imo is completely fine - I'm really not a fan of grouping up during the leveling process. On a similar note, I am also not really a fan of being immersed into some story, delving into a dungeon, only to find several others who are partaking on the same quest. It's one thing in a non-story driven MMO (WoW, which imo fails to deliver quest/leveling driven story), however I feel it will somewhat take away from the experience.

As for end-game, I don't really have the time to do general raiding, so I tend towards PvP. It's my understanding this is what ESO is geared towards, so was hoping to gain further insight on whether it will keep you playing for a while and what kind of PvP there is? Is it restricted to only the war over the Imperial City? I haven't really come across any sort of world PvP/Battleground/Arena system other than the fight over Imperial City.

So in general:

-Have major bugs been addressed to the point where this isn't so much an issue anymore?

-Is my immersion going to be broken (often) by other players raiding whichever dungeon or cave I try to explore?

-Will end-game PvP be worth the time and money investment, or should I wait it out to see where things go in future updates?

Thanks in advance for any input!

I haven't played the game, but I can address your second point from the reviews/streams that I've watched:

Walking into a dungeon, you will have to share the mobs with other people, that includes mini-bosses too. I've often seen videos of people just standing at the spawn point of a certain mob and waiting for it to respawn so they can keep instakilling it and farming its loot over and over.

It's especially made funny by the fact that the bodies of slain mobs stay a long time, so you'll be seeing about 10 dead mobs and trying to select the one that just spawned before someone else one shots it if you want to finish your quest.

I haven't played the game myself, although I'd very much like to.  The only thing stopping me is the fact that it requires a subscription...  Were it not for that, I'd be all over it!

The only reason there's a subscription fee is because it's an online, multiplayer game; you're paying for the servers.  But look at Battlefield 4 and the myriad of other online multiplayer games that don't charge you a monthly fee...  Sure, Battlefield 4 has Premium that most players buy, but still...  I just can't get behind the subscription idea for games.