Testing A World of Pain with Fear and Loathing

So this weekend I spent about 20 hours in testing with FL:NV + AWOP. Before you ask, the family is out of town, so I have way too much free time.

With my very limited knowledge of modding and mod integration, I have managed to include AWOP on a fresh profile in Mod Organizer (MO) running FL:NV. I wish I had a lot of feedback that the big-brained modders could use, like cleaning and bashing, but all that I can really say is the AWOP plays nice with FL:NV. I have had exactly two CTD's (both were during large firefights in AWOP's internal cells) and other than that I can only think of a few other problems that I am fairly certain are mod-related.

These two issues are not even AWOP related, as they were present before AWOP integration. Firstly, the heads and bodies of NPC's do not match color-wise. I am sure this has to do with an incorrect overwrite somewhere. The body types are fine, there isn't an issue with skeleton replacers. For example, I killed a raider the other day and he was a suprise black guy! White head, with an black man body. What I think might be related, is there is this tiny polygon thing that floats over Willow's head. I can send you pictures later, I am currently at work.

Sortomatic seems to not like some of the items when added to the Master Sorting Computer in Afterschool special. Upon returning from REPCONN to unload some loot, I noticed that my entire stored inventory had disappeared from their containers and the items were nowhere to be found! I reloaded an earlier save and the items returned. As a quick-fix I simply manage my own inventory, as it seems that every time that Sortomatic glitched, it required a game restart to fix it.

Lastly, I cannot see any of the guns sold by Vendortron tagged as (GRA). Maybe it is by design and one of the mods in FL:NV alters this. I have seen / found (GRA) weapons however. Is there some mod that alters this? To clarify, (GRA)-style mods and weapons are in game, but isn't Vendortron supposed to sell them?

The power to the people mod moves gra stuff into the game world.

Right to Bear Arms? I thought it just added GRA weapons to the LL, didn't realize it scales them as well. Shoot, that would explain 40mm not being craftable.  Any insight to the floating polygon or the head/body mismatch?

Right to Bear Arms? I thought it just added GRA weapons to the LL, didn't realize it scales them as well. Shoot, that would explain 40mm not being craftable.  Any insight to the floating polygon or the head/body mismatch?

Yeah that mod. It does so much more than adds the stuff to leveled lists. Hand places many GRA unique weapons around the world.

Need a screen of the floating polygon to know what exactly the problem is. Head body mismatch has been apart of Fallout games since they were launched. It should get better with the New Vegas Redesigned 3/FCO combo, I imagine. I'm starting a little supplemental page for DDSopt (finally) today, so I can start testing mods again this week.

I've been pretty addicted to my current Skyrim playthrough, at level 27 right now and playing through Flaskaar when a quest breaking bug hit. That about ended my desire to keep going, so I'll be doing some FNV stuff for the next couple weeks. Hopefully, I can finish up testing a lot of mods before something else really huge launches. I don't know why, but so many mod authors have returned to FNV the last couple months. Maybe some of them will help out the F:PB guys and get that done this year.

Oh, and I'm glad AWOP is working alright with F&L, did you have to do any special patching with it?

All that I did with AWOP was incorporate the patches that balance the 'M' Weapons and the patches that allow for compatibility and cleanup. I can't access my modlist right now, but I basically merged the patches into its own folder (much like you do throughout your guide) and make a new bashed patch in WryeFlash. Let me get back to you with my exact .esps so we are on the same page.

The head and body mismatch isn't game breaking, but sometimes its obnoxius. A dude with a black guy head and a pasty white body? Come on! I will get you some screens tonight, so you can see this hilarity. Any ideas on the Sortomatic being stupid? I really don't mind doing it manually, but the functionality would be nice.

This playthrough is hilarious, I spend all of my time underground, trying to evaluate this AWOP mod. I love it because it adds more things for me to shoot/stab/maim, and adds some little quests. Not to mention the butt-load of worldspace. There was some slowing down in some of the larger areas, but about a 5 fps drop total. Probably has something to do with optimization.

Skyrim is a F****** blast! When well-modded it is a world of endless customization and stabby. Unless you are one of those foofy types that likes to "practice magic" after picking out your robe (dress) for the day. I was so addicted to my last demonhunter build. Playing as a crossbow-firing, mead-chugging, face-melting, nordic demon-slayer was just awesome. I had to wrestle with frickin SkyRe the last time, I love the overhaul but there are almost as many compatibilty patches for SkyRe as there are mods on the nexus.

The black face and pasty white body's (or the lesser seen pasty white face and black body version) easily sorted by searching the ini files for 'FacegenEGT' and changing all of them to 1. Well known problem and easy fix. :)

The annoying neck seams can be mitigated against by using one of the mods that distribute necklaces, etc on cell loads. Not at home machine here so cant link a mod as such, but there's at least 3 I know of that do that.

The black face and pasty white body's (or the lesser seen pasty white face and black body version) easily sorted by searching the ini files for 'FacegenEGT' and changing all of them to 1. Well known problem and easy fix. :)

The annoying neck seams can be mitigated against by using one of the mods that distribute necklaces, etc on cell loads. Not at home machine here so cant link a mod as such, but there's at least 3 I know of that do that.

I have seen the neck-seam concealers, I would want to get one that is easily integrated into this build. Kind of strange that everyone wears a necklace but the player character. Everyone is in the cult but you.

Is that change relevant if done in Mod Organizer?

I believe it's bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles or something close to that. And yeah I did it in Mod Organizer no worries.

And my character wears a necklace. There's some that give +1 Perception. :)

Edited by Nozzer66

Yeah that mod. It does so much more than adds the stuff to leveled lists. Hand places many GRA unique weapons around the world.

Oh, and I'm glad AWOP is working alright with F&L, did you have to do any special patching with it?

In my load order - 

A World of Pain 5.01: 

Used the 'low loot" mods for balance and merged with the main... AWOPDeadMoney.esp, AWOPLowLootMWeaponsArmor.esp, AWOPLowLootSkillBooks.esp, and AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm

AWOP - Balance and Cleanup: 

Merged with the mods found on the same page PNRebalanced Health.esp and Dead Money Redone.esp

AWOP - WMX - EVE Overhaul: 

Only the main .esp

These are at the end of the load order, which is for sure not the optimal location as there are undoubtedly a bunch of unintended overwrites. I guess I only merged the .esm with the patches for scaling and the balance mod with the required plugins for compatibility with FL:NV. The unused (Optional) .esp's are the remainder that come with the scaling package. It would be user preference. I hope this helps a bit. Now I just need to make a bunch of energy weapons fit, and I will be happy for a while.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#INI_Tweaks

That tweak is listed on the guide. Lots of mods on the nexus need it.

How does a necklace give you perception? Maybe Charisma, I always liked Willow more cuz she had a Hello Kitty necklace, plus it reminds me of the avatar llamaRCA on the nexus.

I have no idea how I missed that..

Speaking of Willow. . . I vote Niner for another companion.

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#INI_Tweaks

That tweak is listed on the guide. Lots of mods on the nexus need it.

How does a necklace give you perception? Maybe Charisma, I always liked Willow more cuz she had a Hello Kitty necklace, plus it reminds me of the avatar llamaRCA on the nexus.

Maybe it is Charisma. Cant recall now...But seeing I tend to use Charisma as a dump stat, and run about 1-2 in it you might be right.

Forgot to ask if you are using NVR3? If so deactivate FCO's plugins and see if that solves some of the mismatch stuff.

The .ini tweak seemed to fix it. I have no idea how I missed that, I even did that when not following your guide. Here is an image of that weird glitch:

Posted Image

Might be kind of hard to see, but it's that thing floating above Willow.

Edited by FamousDeadGuy