Testing A World of Pain with Fear and Loathing

ok MosAnted got back about which combo to use.  He stated to use the NVInterior combo and not the AWOP one and rename it. I will just post it lol.  He also said he would look into which files to remove.

Sarge19894 kudos644 posts

If you use the original NVInterior_ComboEdition_AWOP.esm you will have a very bad time. You have to rename NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm and remove the conflicting areas manually.

Actually you don't have to rename NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm you can just remove the conflicts and use ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp.

ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp & ILO - NVInteriors Project - AWOP.esp are almost identical, only difference is the master file.

So far this is what I take away from this thread, let me know if I am correct:  

-Use the NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm, it is unnecessary to rename it to NVInterior_ComboEdition_AWOP.esm.

-Use the  ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp , and resolve conflicts within that .esp in FNVEdit.

-Conflict Resolutions -  

Nipton Rest Stop - find correct door in Worldspace>FalloutNV and delete it. 

The Strip - Remove "The Strip"from Worldspace

are those the only two so far that we know of that is needed?

Is this correct?  Just want to be sure I am understanding the current train of thought, lol

Thanks!

Edited by themagicteeth

Sarge posted this on the ILO nexus thread: 

ILO - NVInteriors Project - AWOP.esp Conversion Guide:

Sarge is bad at writing guides, seriously. I hope its not too confusing.

If you use the original NVInterior_ComboEdition_AWOP.esm you will have a very bad time. Like the worst. You will experience duplicated items in interiors or lights turned into couches due to mismatched FormIDs, weird stuff like that. NV Interiors may never be updated again so this is the only way to get it to work. Here are my notes on the matter:

• Rename: "NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm" -->> "NVInteriors_ComboEdition_AWOP.esm"
To make "NVInteriors_ComboEdition_AWOP.esm" compatible with AWOP:
  • Load it up in FNVEdit.
  • Remove "The Strip" from "Worldspace"
  • Remove the exterior doors from these two interiors: FNVIntESRailStation, FNVIntNiponRestStop
FNVIntESRailStation:
FNVIntNiponRestStop:
NOTE: Removing the doors will cause errors, right click the mod in FNVEdit and check for errors. It would be best to remove the doors in the GECK instead of FNVEdit.

I'm pretty sure these are the only conflict areas.

NOTE: Please be careful and do this at your own risk, there are currently errors that I am trying to resolve. Please Stand By. 

However I suspect the Strip might not be necessary, or enough, to resolve the conflicts with Pappy's Pit Stop/Fiend Hideout. I will try to tinker with the plugin in the GECK to see if I can figure something out. 

Edited by MosAnted

OK I was talking to Sarge for about an hour or so last night he ran some tests in game with the fixes he made and says the doors "have" to be removed with GECK. or there would be a lot of errors.  He also mentioned he would talk with chucksteel, he said chuck most likely wont fix it but he could get help with it.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about using the PN-AWOP HP Rebalance patch (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45595/?) It was made with an earlier version and LowLoot patch, so it's missing some of the rebalances and fixes from the current version of AWOP. I'd recommend going through and comparing records with AWorldOfPain.esm and revert any changes that aren't related to base health. Some of the inventory changes were related to removing the "M" weapons, but personally since they were rebalanced into the "Mark II" ones I don't find them overpowered anymore so I'm keeping them.

Well... it depends. I like challenge but shooting a guy in the noggin' 5 times with 12 gauge slugs and he still being barely on 50% health is a bit too much IMO, that's why I was looking into this. I was planning on patching it but it would mean going through every single NPC record which I don't relish... I might instead look into something like Realistic Weapon Damage instead.

Sarge posted this on the ILO nexus thread: 

However I suspect the Strip might not be necessary, or enough, to resolve the conflicts with Pappy's Pit Stop/Fiend Hideout. I will try to tinker with the plugin in the GECK to see if I can figure something out. 

I'm not sure what this editing is suppose to do..? Do they remove the interior from one of the mods or the other? Without editing anything, I can still enter both "Gomer's Gas and Go" and "Nipton Road Gas Station" even though they're occupying the same space

Edited by Idrin