Doubt about making bashed patch after core STEP patch has been installed

LewsTherin

Question

Hello!

I have almost finished my first STEP installation, and so far it seems that everything went as expected . I need now to make the bashed patch, but I have a doubt. The part regarding the core STEP patch installation tells me to deactivate 5 smim fixes before installing the patch, and i did it so. Now, the bash patch guide tells me before starting to activate all the plugins i have in MO. Does it mean that I have to activate also those 5 smim fixes, which should be already contained in core patch if I got it right?

Second doubt, do I have to merge the trap noise esp as wrye bash tells me to do?

Thanks for the amazing job you made with STEP guide, it's a blessing in a sea full of conflicting and redundant mods!

Edited by LewsTherin

10 answers to this question

You need to not even have those smim plugins even listed in the load order (MO right pane) at all. What you need to do is right click (or double-click) the smim mod in the left pane (MO mod list) and then go to information at the bottom of the context menu that pops up (if you right click; double click takes you here directly). Then in the new menu that comes up go to the tab that says optional plugins, and those plugins that are not required need to be moved from the available plugins (bottom list) to the optional plugins (top list). Do this by highlighting the plugin you wish to move and then use the up or down arrows to move them. This will now make those files disappear from the plugin list and wrye bash will know nothing as well. Alternatively you could just delete those esp's from the file tree and be done with it, your choice.

Just choose to rebuild it. The stuff you did in the STEP Guide will be saved so it's as simple as rebuilding it.

Also, the guide mentions something about having to rebuild the bashed patch each time you change the plugin load order. Does this means if I deactivate a mod, say a texture mod, then I will have to re-LOOT and then re-build the bashed patch?

Also, the guide mentions something about having to rebuild the bashed patch each time you change the plugin load order. Does this means if I deactivate a mod, say a texture mod, then I will have to re-LOOT and then re-build the bashed patch?

It technically depends on the mod.  But I always just play it safe and rebuild as it only takes a few minutes.

You only have to rebuilt it if you change one of the mods included in the Bashed Patch or add a mod to your setup that contains a plugin (ESM/ESP). The mods are listed when you're building it so take note of them so you're not constantly rebuilding your Patch. Rebuilding it after adding a mod with a plugin is just best practice in case the mod needs to be Bashed. Texture only mods are not Bashed so no need to worry about those.

Excellent thanks for the info, so I can add & remove texture mods without effecting STEP or the bashed patch, but what about knowing where to put the texture mod in the STEP load order? What about the mod "sexy villages/towns", would I be able to add that to STEP without re-bashing the patch and if so where in the load order would it go?