Stunning Statues of Skyrim (by AnTiWoMaAgNoT)

Neovalen

If Ganda is working on it, then maybe it's better to wait.

Well, apparently I was supposed to be working on this... ? :p

I never really did anything with sculpting outside of practice but I got this done on the malacath statue:

Rp6RssA.png

FlRrZ98.png

lAGJxfr.png

dIqvP8G.png

O7SYCVn.png

h34uMDV.png

(If you can't see which one is vanilla and which one is mine I have failed miserably)

If you guys like it I can do something for the rest of the statues as well. There are a few issues with it, such as deciding if 38k polys is worth the improvement and getting a texture artist to make new textures for it since I can't fit the new UV's in the vanilla texture :/

• +1 1

The base does note really benefit from that level of smoothing imo. You could most likely save a lot of poly´s giving that a more rectangular look. It is after all not the main attraction of the whole thing anyways. As I recall the small things on the base are meant to be skulls as well... those could probably be changed into something else that does not require an obscene amount of polys to look good as well. 

If you make a good UV layout I could take a look at making a texture for it... but really would depend on the UV. I am not good enough, or have the tools to easily work with the compressed way bethesda have made most of their more complex UV´s to maximize the quality/performance ratio of having only 512x512 or 1k at the most in size. 

Looks nice :) Aiyen is probably right about the base but even if you leave it as it is, is that really a problem ? It's not like it's a mesh that's used over and over like say the farmhouse, fences or chandelier meshes. If you're playing on an old PC or a slow laptop you probably shouldn't be looking at installing such a mod anyway, and if you have a strong gaming PC it's almost a non issue...

Ok, my bad, the actual model is not so smooth and it has only 20k polys:

cLJmUFN.png

JecFhBC.png

es8ezfR.png

Well, that's true aiyen but then again, everything can be used given a good normal map :p 

About the skulls, when I finished this I was still trying to make it fit into the vanilla textures so I did pretty much nothing with them (same as hands) :/ what could the skulls be changed into?

It's only used once in his quest, but still, saving polys should be a good practice! I'll see what I can do (and Aiyen, don't expect miracles with the uv's :p)

As long as you do not expect miracles with any potential texture I think we can sort something out! :) 

The thing I do not do well with is if you have say a sword and the blade is split into two part.. and one part is an at a non 90 degree angle relative to the other one! That sort of thing makes blending the parts REALLY difficult for what I have at hand. 

Still have not figured out how the orginal artists did it.... every method I have tried so far seems to always produce some amount of texture seam with any meaningful amount of details present. (This short of meticulously making sure that every pixel fits the parts.. but man that takes ages... at least it did on my daedric weapons retexture.)

Well got a look at the preliminaries, and this would by far be the most complex texture I have made so far..... going to have to come up with some new methods of doing things. But first there are going to be some technical details that needs to be sorted out. 

Could anyone also please tell me where in the game this model is actually located.. and if you know it, the nearest coc code ? 

Thanks in advance. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...