[RLS] Unlevel Leveled List

fireundubh

Question

I wrote a script to unlevel (or relevel) leveled lists. Since this script is generally useful, even beyond unleveling bashed patches for Requiem, here it is. Copy to a .pas file in the "TES5EditEdit Scripts" directory. While in TES5Edit, select a leveled list, or a leveled list group, and apply the script. Use a value of "1" to unlevel.

View script › EDIT: @GrantSP -- I removed the link as all @fireundubh's files are now unavailable.

Note: Remove "ClearMessages();" if you get an error. That function is available in only the latest versions of TES5Edit.

Edited by GrantSP

Always can use more TES5Edit scripts. I wish we could replace Wrye Bash with a TES5Edit script. Or even some of the SkyProccers.

Everything that Wrye Bash does can be duplicated with TES5Edit but I don't write GUIs. I could. I just hate writing them.Zilav does GUIs. So does the Automation Tools programmer.

I really should learn TES5Edit scripting then.

Pascal is easy to learn. The syntax sucks a bit. I still can't figure out how to use "else" every now and then. The main problem is performance though. Complex scripts are super slow. My script that generates Interactive Clutter takes 1 hour to process only the internal cells in Skyrim.esm. I could probably optimize it a little, but then where would I find the time to watch TV? To be fair, the script does go through more than 500,000 records to find and replace the appropriate references, but still... Edited by fireundubh

Hi, I have an error here when running this script - exception message : Error in unit 'UserScript' on line 30 : Undeclared Identifier 'ClearMessages'.

Any ideas of what is causing this?

Thank you for making this :)

Nevermind I deleted the user script line. Works perfectly now. Thanks again!

Edited by hunterrock

Hi, I have an error here when running this script - exception message : Error in unit 'UserScript' on line 30 : Undeclared Identifier 'ClearMessages'.

Any ideas of what is causing this?

Thank you for making this :)

Nevermind I deleted the user script line. Works perfectly now. Thanks again!

Delete the "ClearMessages();" line, not the "unit UserScript;" line.

The unit line is required by xEdit. ClearMessages() is available in only the latest versions of xEdit.

i get this error when trying to use this script

Error in unit 'UserScript' on line 2 : 'end' expected but End of File found.

No idea what your problem is. You might have inadvertently edited the file. Edited by fireundubh

I'm curious as to when this script would be useful. Unless you use something like Morrowloot and are careful you didn't miss a spot, doesn't this risk giving wildly overpowered equipment to level 1 enemies (or whatever level) you can sneeze on to kill? Curious how others are making use of this.

Does anybody know if fireundubh left the forum for good, and if his script for unleveling is available somewhere, please?

Maybe somebody could P.M. me?

UPDATE:

Just found his GitHub channel. Can't find it there. Any clues? Or is it better to contact fireundubh on his Nexus account...

Edited by BUBISHI

Yes he left the forum, and many others.

He uploaded everything on his private google drive. He then shared it since people were uploading his files without permissions anyway.

Here is the reddit post where he gave the public link to his gdrive : https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3t394r/heres_where_to_download_master_of_disguise_better/

And the direct link of said gdrive : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0o3cG8Q52tpNG5jaTVybmhZUGM&usp=sharing

The xEdit script folder in there should have the one you're looking for.

Edited by Kesta