General Feedback

Did you get the recent Windows 10 update just before the problems started, or a graphics card software update? Several users have had problems with these including me; it's discussed in another thread in the forums.

Yes, in a way.  I wiped my computer and reinstalled Windows 10 from the most recent ISO.  Prior to this, Windows 10 was as up to date as it could be but it also was an upgrade install from Windows 7 and not a fresh install.  The problems did occur after the reinstall of Windows 10.  But everything was reinstalled including Mod Organizer.  Plus I started using the Steam version of FO3 after the reinstall rather than the CD version.  Drivers are up to date I would think as I got the most recent AMD drivers after the reinstall.

I'll look up that Windows 10 thread and try a few things.

Thanks.  I suspect you are right and this has something to do with it.  It's very inconsistent between two different setups with MO and the original problematic one went from working with texture issues to non-functioning without me even touching anything on it and all these issues with the current attempt.  I'm going to muck about with this a bit to see what may or may not work.  Thanks for all the pointers.

My modlist:

Active Mod Files:

00  Fallout3.esm
01  Anchorage.esm
02  ThePitt.esm
03  StreetLights.esm
04  BrokenSteel.esm
05  PointLookout.esm
06  Zeta.esm

0E  RivetCityReborn.esm

32  DCInt_ARoomWithAView.esp

I see you have enabled RivetCityReborn and DC_Interiors: A room with a view. Are both mods compatible? I thought Reborn didn't play well with any other modifying Rivet City.

Just so you guys know, I tried rolling back my AMD drivers to 15.7 which didn't work either.  Then I decided to uninstall the Steam version and install my GOTY disk version of FO3 and bam, it worked properly again.  I don't know why though.  It got to the point where I could not load FO3 without it crashing, even with vanilla through Steam when trying to start a new game or loading an existing game even with the multithreading fixes put into fallout.ini for vanilla.  I had uninstalled and reinstalled the Steam version with the same results.  But here I am with the CD install of FO3 and it just works.  Tends to make you think there's something with the Steam version for some reason.

Anyway, working and I'm happy.  But I'm willing to try and figure this out if anyone wants to see why this might be.

It would be useful to know why it works now, but I don't have any idea of what to try that would help you determine what the problem was when you had the Steam version loaded. I started out initially with the FO3 disk version and later updated to the Steam GOTY version. I haven't had the problems you had.

Hey, was wondering if anybody knew off the top of their heads the solution to my problem. Every once in a while most after I fast travel or having played the game for more than an hour I'll notice there's red exclamation signs everywhere and missing textures popping up. I don't know if it's because I fast travel, but I noticed its usually after I've been playing for 30 minutes to an Hour straight. It's getting kind of annoying to having to exit the entire game and reload it. I'll be grateful for any help you could give me, thanks.

So guide has been updated.

Thank you for your continuous work and contribution to the project!!

Now for the feedback part:

Everything great, works amazing. But now, since guide has been updated - I started to wonder "How do I update?".

In past I always had something like half year worth of updates already waiting for me.

So there was no point updating, instead - complete reinstall along with new updates.

But now there are only couple mods have been added/updated, sooo do I install on top? Need I change something?

I mean I've got to rebuild bashed patch for sure, but anything more? Am I missing something?

Edited by YaroslavKh

If you want to add some or all of the updates they are all additions. The only problem might be if you have already been through Point Lookout, although I don't think the additions will affect existing games noticeably. If your character is in Point Lookout it would be best to go to the boat or be on the mainland when the changes are made.

It's always possible that there could be problems when mods are added, but I haven't noticed any thus far.

I see you have enabled RivetCityReborn and DC_Interiors: A room with a view. Are both mods compatible? I thought Reborn didn't play well with any other modifying Rivet City.

Hi Dennai,

I believe you are correct - I haven't yet had a proper playthrough but had a quick fly around that area today for a look and while I could get to Room with a View successfully noticed that there were a number of doors that didn't seem to go to the right places, and RWAV wasn't locked (which I thought it should have been?).

I'm taking a break from Fallout 3 for a month or so and having a go with my Morrowind build, but I might see if a patch is possible (not promising anything as I'm not really a modder). If I can't work it out I'll likely remove RWAV and keep Rivet City Reborn - as nice as RWAV is, I think Rivet City Reborn adds a bit more to explore :)

I'll post an update with what I end up doing.

Cheers,

drav666

Hi.

So sorry if this has been answered already...

1. Is there any particular reason for not using New Vegas Bounties 3?

2. Has anyone tried merging the 3dnpc ESMs - success or failure?

3. I noticed that when I have an evening with mr manchester loaded theres a tear in the terrain outside the shack when doing the scavenger alternate start. Anyone else?

thanks in advance, great guide! :)

1. New Vegas Bounties is a quest mod for Fallout New Vegas, not Fallout 3.

2. It isn't usually a good idea to merge ESM files; I haven't tried merging any of the 3DNPC or other mulitple ESM files

3. I haven't tried the scavenger alternate start so I haven't seen this. Perhaps another forum user has tried it.

1. New Vegas Bounties is a quest mod for Fallout New Vegas, not Fallout 3.

2. It isn't usually a good idea to merge ESM files; I haven't tried merging any of the 3DNPC or other mulitple ESM files

3. I haven't tried the scavenger alternate start so I haven't seen this. Perhaps another forum user has tried it.

Lol, I´m doing to many games at the same time :P

the scavenger start issue was probably my fault for testing without bashed patch. Once bashed patch was done, everything runs smoothly :) Thanks for the answers :)

Another question. When doing the bashed tags, I know I should add the tags given in LOOT, but should I remove tags from WF if they´re not given in LOOT?

Also, does this setup add deadlier head shots, or does anyone know a good mod for this that is compatible with the guide?

With Bash Tags it can be hard to tell, but generally when LOOT has tags they are correct. It doesn't have tags for many of the mods in the guide. The "Run Loot" part of the guide references a "userlist.yaml" for the guide that includes additional bash tags; it's a good idea to use this.

The "Sniper" perk in the game improves headshot accuracy, and More Perks adds some perks that improve overall accuracy and/or damage. I'm not aware of other mods that improve headshots in VATS.