General Feedback

Oh, thanks, at the moment I don't even have FO3 installed, I was just thinking of doing modded playthrough and before I even start some modding I wanted to decide if I should stick to Windows 10 or dual boot it with XP. I'll probably start modding in few days and I'll use your .ini with heap management. Once I've done some testing I will report back. Though when that will be, I don't know. Modding from scratch takes a lot of time. 

Speak and you shall receive lol. Just had someone on my Discord say they tried it and the difference is night and day. No issues yet. More feedback though the better = )

Edit: Doesn't mean that will solve all issues (or even any for everyone) but it seems to be helping a lot ( 3 so far lol.. I guess " a lot" isn't the correct wording yet) of people out including myself.

I tried setting the heap management as you suggest, along with using the FSR settings on your Nexus page. FO3 crashes consistently for me when I try this. Using Win 10 Creators Update with FSR disabled I have infrequent FO3 crashes.

Weird. I don't know why it works for some but not others. You and I have the same OS. I ran around in a live stream a week or two ago for 2 hours in stream without crashing randomly around DC. Without that setting (heap on and 450... never tried other values though)  I get occasional crashing at random places after 20 to 30 minutes. ... you didn't just put the heap settings in but downloaded the  .ini from my page and then added the heap settings? .... strange how it works one way for some.

FSR version 4-1-36? (thats what i use) Roy said there is a big change between that and 4-1-26 (can't remember what it was)... I have some stuttering issues with 4.1.26 but maybe worth a try? It was thought that windows 7 users couldn't use 4 1 36 at all so suggest 4.1.26 to them to test and see if it works but I can't test 7. 

OK, I modded a bit and used your INI settings, GamerPoets. In terms of removing stutter it's great, like REALLY great. I don't even have any microstuttering, like at all. I've never seen Bethesda game work so smooth. On the other hand, I have a problem with the game freezing on loading screens. First it happened when I was getting out of Super Duper Mart (SDM > Wasteland), now it happened again when I was entering Megaton (Wasteland > Megaton). This also happened to me when I tried to play the game in Vanilla state (only UPDATED Unofficial Patch 3 + FSR) on a different save. Zero crashes, but the game is freezing on loading screen every now and then :/ Using GOG version.

Thanks for the feedback. So strange how things happen differently for everyone with this mod. Try turning the heap value down from 450 to something like 400 to see if that stops the freezing on loading screens? I don't have the issue so i can't really play around with this stuff. I appreciate the help. At least I can give warnings/upfront feedback.

@kelmych

The Safe Regulator HQ mod deletes the two spawn points instead of just disabling them. (The more I learn...). I created my version of the same mod which simply disables the two spawn points so that you wont CTD if you use another mod that references them  ... Safe - Safe Regulator HQ

Edit: Also the author of Vanilla HUD Remastered is working on an FO3 Version.

@GamerPoets

It seems that my problem with freezing on loading screens is not caused by your INI, but by Windows 10 with FCU. Stutter Removers seems to be plagued with problems after the Fall Creators Update. While NVSR crashes for a lot people, FSR seems to cause freezing for some with FCU. I know that it doesn't touch all people, but unfortunately my PC seems to be affected, hence the freezing. People on FSR modpage also suffer from this problem, so I guess I'm just one of the unlucky ones.

I'm not sure why my experience is different than that of GamerPoets. I did initially setup my system using BethINI for INI paramerters (I then added changes mentioned in the FO3 guide and some of the changes that GamerPoets recommends in his Fallout 3 My Way videos), and my graphics card using Nvidia Inspector and the recommended Skyrim settings here. I am not sure how these affect FSR.

I'm not sre how .in's affect FSR either. I don't use Nvidia Inspector (not sure if that causes issues with FSR or not..not sure why it would but again, I just dont know). 

A lot of folks have the Fall Creator Update issue @Finnen but why it affects some and not others I don't know. My OS is completely update to date. I've had feedback from some long time authors who have told me that's "just how these old games work". Some of these "big" mods like FSR work for some and not for others. I've been putting a lot of work in in the previous weeks to writing/re-writing/testing and setting up what I'm personally creating for a series in a different way to make things easier and put some warnings up but I still have no clue why FSR can work great for some but not for others with what appears to be the same setup. Hitting a brick wall in my search for that. 

Thanks, I hadn't seen this yet. I'm not sure where this should be in mod priority, and then which meshes and textures (if any) should be hidden. It has a lot of conflicts with NMC's FO3 DLC textures from NMCs New Vegas textures, with Flora Overhaul Forested Edition (not surprising since it replaces grasses), and with Collision Meshes FO3. Have you or other users had a chance to compare these? You mentioned previously you wanted a different look to some of the Flora than Vurt's mod, so is this the one you prefer? It also makes a lot of landscape-related parameter changes in the plugins included with the mod.

Vurt has some recommended INI settings for use with Flora Overhaul. Does the UHQ mod need different INI settings?

Nothing mentioned about the .ini's with UHQ. The fix.esp actually points at a nonexistent mesh so you get the red exclamation points everywhere if you use that plugin. If you open it in xEdit (i sent this to the author in an email a little while ago) the nif in the plugin (6 places) is spelled wrong. There's an "a" that needs to be deleted from the 6 entries (very first letter). But then the texture points at a weird image so you then need to change the Texture Set edit (in xEdit) to point to a different texture. After that it works fine. I'm guessing the author will change it. Hopefully my message helps. If he doesn't see it I can just write the process out. 

The grass is awesome but its not my personal preference because I'm so use to a barren wasteland. I'm going to play around with the plugin. He also said that he is adding 10 more textures so I wouldn't dig too deep yet but I've already started to figure out what textures I want to keep and what ones I don't. Can't really set it in stone until everything else is finished with the mod but its pretty awesome. 

I'm working on my own optional mod pack for Flora Overhaul that Vurt will be uploading to the official page when its done (will be a couple of months). Using the Dead version as the foundation, adding forested trees outside of oasis and devastated trees to the heavily irradiated areas like vault 87. Mixing some vanilla trees in some places to be able to see NMC's textures in areas like in the mall where they make sense to be (makes the warzone feel really come out). Then I'm spacing a lot of the trees out so they aren't clumped together and shrinking a lot of them while making size variations.... i have to do all of this by hand... which is why it will take so long. Im working a lot of stuff out right now on paper... not uploading any more FO3 guide videos until i sort everything out .... will be doing a full remake of the series (most of it is the same but not all). Been learning a lot in previous weeks. 

Edit: Printer responded and just didn't have time to add the new meshes (above issues I was talking about). That will be fixed shortly and other stuff added.

@GamerPoets 

Just wanted to report that I tried the game on Windows Vista 64-bit SP2 (crazy, I know, but I'm glad I found this one among all the old PC-stuff, a better option than Win XP). The game works beautifully with your INI settings. Played for around two and half hours, almost 0 stuttering (just some rare micro stutters due to lots of textures, flora overhaul and so on), not a single crash and not a single freeze with Clear & Present Danger setup (mostly). So yeah, it seems these freezes were indeed caused by Windows 10 FCU on my PC. Or Vista x64 is not as bad as I remembered it, lol. Might be a good idea to dual boot it until I finish FO3 and FNV.