1052 replies to this topic

#1051 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

This apparently doesn't fix the problem for all users, but it will be added to the guide since it does for some users.

#1052 danielleonyett

danielleonyett

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:59 AM

reporting in

I just tried downloading LOOT from the link in the guide and Norton AV removes it, says there's a problem. On the nexus LOOT comment page, pStyl3 says it's a bad call on Norton's part. The nexus file downloads just fine, though it's a later version than what's called for in the guide. I figure that's just a result of the guide not being updated every time a new version of something comes out. I'm assuming that standard procedure is to download the latest version of files unless otherwise stated in the guide.

what are the guidelines regarding going in and editing the guide? With Neo's Skyrim Revisited guide, I would go in occasionally and make little corrections, with no complaints from Neo. Is this guide also open to that? I see some editing on the history of the page that is done by non-staff members, such as fixing small gramatical/typing errors and other such edits. Would it be acceptable for me to also make such changes?

#1053 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:40 PM

Anyone can edit the guide; obviously some care is needed. Please don't remove or add mods directly to the guide; post information in the forum if you have recommendations to add or remove a mod including your experience with the mod if it's relevant. There is also a guide section that lists interesting mods that users might want to try; feel free to add to this section including some brief comments about the mod. If you want to change versions of a mod in the guide make sure you test the new version to make sure it works, and add a comment in the changelog about the version change. Currently the versions of LOOT and Wrye Flash are old, by the way. I'm currently testing some mods for addition to the guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users