Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

Thanks I will try that in a bit when I get home.  Personally I think the green square/ orange square design works pretty well.  It is pretty exciting to have a (almost) fully modded stable Oblivion. I am interested in how the Nehrim total conversion will get incorporated in whenever Soire returns.

In reality its pretty easy because its own game... Most of the mods that are compatible it Oblivion arn't with Nerhim

And design I didn't mean the squares...

I meant future color choices, installation instructions, etc

Trying to come with something that looks good to me might actually be terrible in reality

Its a long process and without input... I really don't want to invest the time and have it be wasted

Maybe I'll do a stream thing... IDK

If someone wants to get involved PM me. I'll appreciate it..

Edited by hishutup

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I believe I will start editing the Oblivion Guide again this Friday and Saturday.

I am usually in the unofficial STEP chat with a few other people. --Yes, its unofficial

All you need to do is register your nickname (It should be the name you use on here) on rizon and then "/join #S.T.E.P.--(Unofficial)--Chatroom" without quotes

Plus if anyone willing to more/less "Alpha" and "Beta" test the guide after I get it to a more complete Guide together. Just PM me and I'll ask some stuff, no biggie.

Last, I also definitely need to come up with a better Title than The Complete Oblivion Modding Guide because its a terrible title.

Here are some titles that I have received:

* MORE Making Oblivion Remain Everlasting

* Imperialist Guide to the Oblivion Planes

* Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion

* A Guide to the Oblivion Crysis

* O.T.E.P. Oblivion Total Enhancement Project

Any and all help/suggestions are welcome

Guide location

https://wiki.step-pro...p/OblivionGuide

Edited by hishutup

Okay, I believe I will start editing the Oblivion Guide again this Friday and Saturday.

I am usually in the unofficial STEP chat with a few other people. --Yes, its unofficial

All you need to do is register your nickname (It should be the name you use on here) on rizon and then "/join #S.T.E.P.--(Unofficial)--Chatroom" without quotes

Plus if anyone willing to more/less "Alpha" and "Beta" test the guide after I get it to a more complete Guide together. Just PM me and I'll ask some stuff, no biggie.

Last, I also definitely need to come up with a better Title than The Complete Oblivion Modding Guide because its a terrible title.

Here are some titles that I have received:

* MORE Making Oblivion Remain Everlasting

* Imperialist Guide to the Oblivion Planes

* Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion

* A Guide to the Oblivion Crysis

Any and all help/suggestions are welcome

Guide location

https://wiki.step-pro...p/OblivionGuide

O.T.E.P. Oblivion Total Enhancement Project

• +1 1

Just spotted this guide due to it being placed in it's own subforum. Congratulations on that. Anyway, the guide said that Mod Organizer is not supported (yet) by the guide. Can you go into more specifics on it? Could I use it still, in it that TMM and Bash are launched trough MO?

Personally, I dislike MO for Oblivion so I am going to be a little ignorant on the matter, just understand that is where I am coming from and apologize in advance.
Draakon the frustration is not geared toward you at all because like I said... I dislike it for Oblivion
That and I needed to type the rant anyhow.
So, I could more or less copy/paste into FAQs

p.s. Thank you for the congrats
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too many issues when I started modding Oblivion. That was the big kicker.

The guide is not complete. Meaning you will have to keep track of which mods I update but since I am not documenting it as of now, you are probably going to have to know which mods need to be reinstalled because of a patch.
you will need to keep track of the work arounds and see if they install correctly.

Could you still use it?
YES.

Am I going to provide support?
NO.

Can I guide you?
Not really... I don't know what I am going to add/change/remove. Its kinda going day by day.

Does that mean you are kinda on your own?
NO, Tannin can help with MO problems. I personally do don't understand its issues enough to debug/ troubleshoot.

More down below

Cue the rant...

There are going to be people that ask "but why?" and here you go:

workarounds for more than a few mods.

Wizard.txt scripted installers need to got through Wrye Bash

.OMOD scripted installers need to go through TESModManager

Some mods that use scripted installers are content aware

Meaning that they can sense if a patch needs to be installed because X.esp is enabled in the Load Order

You kind of need to know what you are installing before you install X mod because of patches or what not

MO can only handle one install of a mod.

For me I am adding and subtracting mods in my Load Order that I would have to reinstall multiple mods because I had added or changed one mod

I would need to know what mod needs a patch for a mod that I am going to install and since changing if I added a mod

I am using Wrye Bash myself and so I expect others to as well because I understand some of the weirdness that may go on with that program...

When it comes to MO, you might as well make a new topic in the MO section so Tannin can help you because I am going to be of little use

Running the programs at the end of the guide were not accounting for MO and so they are kind of slow and crash happy.

TES4LODGen takes about 2 min to run normally. In MO it took upward of 5 minutes. Thats not bad.

TES4LL took 6-8hours (I clicked the wrong setting) and MO would have crated only and hour into it.

CBash takes quite awhile to regen. It would be more than double through MO.

I personally can switch over to it because I change my Install Order too much and using MO would require to redo things way too often.

I finished retyping most of it... Took about 3-4 days and 8+ hrs each

So, now things will make sense, hopefully

and now on to testing and adding more... 

Yay, you can almost hear the enthusiasm 

Edited by hishutup
  • +1 1

Right, well, I can understand with some thing on why MO was not the tool you chose. However, I'm gonna be an anarchist and use MO regardless and just run Bash and TesModManager trough MO on steps that require it. I will report back on my success.

Edit: And I will accept responsability if my computer blows up because of this.

Edited by Draakon
  • +1 1

You can try but I am still changing things around quite a bit...I am also try to find the source of the low frames...With literally almost everything I was hanging around 23-40I want a little more than that

EDIT: created permalink(Oct. 11 2014) before I start editing it again

Edited by hishutup

Right, I thought I gave some feedback so far with my adventures of using your guide and messing around with it using MO.

I dropped using TesModManager for a bit because that thing doesn't like to work with MO at all it seems. Gave me all sorts of problems. OBMM (or even OBMM Extended) works great with MO, even respecting MO's overwrite folder. However, both have problems for me with certain omods, in it that they take AAAAGES to initialize their setup wizards. Not sure what's up with that, so I decided to keep TesModManager for now and only use omod installations when it's the only one available and run them without MO (and just later copy-paste from Oblivion/Data to MO/mods/ folder(s)). Bash doesn't also respect during BAIN installs MOs overwrite folder. And of course, all OBSE plugins have been kept in Oblivion/Data, seems like it's an inherit issue with MO not loading OBSE plugins at all.

Anyway, other then fiddling around the technical difficulties. everything is working fine with a issue or two here. I decided to install everything up towards Immersive Interiors. The guide was easy to follow in it what needed to be downloaded and actually installed. There are however some issues I'd like to report about the guide itself.

1) Editing BOSS User Rules. The guide does say about needing to do some manual creation of user rules on certain esp/m files, but it doesn't go into detail how to do that. Thankfully, it was not that hard to figure out for myself, but someone who is new to BOSS (or modding general) might find those areas confusing.

2) Cobl Races.esp. Not sure if this is error on my part, but I found that having this plugin activated would cause new races added by this plugin have pink textures in the body department and a missing head (or just a head with hovering hair, mouth and eyes only).

3) Mods that are not recommended to be installed (such as Really AEVWD) I think should not be on the guide. The reason why I think so is because something that's not supposed to (or not recommended) be installed should not be in any guide. And I am talking about guides in general, not this one specifically.

Besides that, this guide is really good and works well so far. I did decide to add a bit of two here and there not listed in the guide (such as 2 OBSE plugins and body replacers) and skip on Qarls textures (even though my game seems to lag the same regardless of that pack or not). There are also two other issues that I have, but I always had them when using Weather - All Natural and everything related to Shadows in the options menu being set to high. I know I had fixed them in the past when dealing with those issues, but I unfortunately can't recall what I did. Oh well.