• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ManelyLion

ManelyLion

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:51 AM

Hey there. I've done extensive Skyrim/Oblivion/New Vegas modding before, and even used a half-assed STEP install before, but for this install I decided to go HAM and do everything by the guide, including benchmarking. I think I've got some interesting results.

First of all, my rig:

CPU: Intel Xeon (Dual Core) 3.33 Ghz

GPU: Nvidia GTX 660 2 GB VRAM

Storage: HDD (SSD for OS only)

RAM: 16 GB DDR2

Note: For whatever reason, GPU-Z wasn't able to differentiate between dedicated and dynamic memory, and instead just gave me one stat for memory.

My results are in a zip file located at https://dl.dropboxus... Benchmarks.zip

[color=rgb(178,177,176);font-family:verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(46,53,64);]I installed STEP Extended, every mod in the guide. After the final step involving the bashed patch and the [/color]STEP[color=rgb(178,177,176);font-family:verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(46,53,64);] patch, I also decided to use DDSopt to optimize the vanilla textures only. This may have skewed the data, but I'm very pleased with the results. [/color]There could be another explanation for the discrepancy between the two runs in this final benchmark, which I can't fully explain. During the first run there was an odd sound that began once the cart neared Helgen which sounded like a nearby waterfall would. After the run, I tried disabling the Skyrim Audio Overhaul, which stopped the noise. Then I reenabled it and rebuilt the bashed patch and the noise did not return. Possibly something failed to load in the first run that increased performance and caused the audio bug, but I'm not sure. In any case, ~40 fps and only 1K Memory usage is really nice. Frankly, I was expecting to end up right at/slightly lower than 30 FPS.

Hopefully this data is useful. I plan on installing many more mods on top of STEP and will probably continue to keep benchmarking and collecting the data, in case that's useful too.

Edited by ManelyLion, 20 August 2014 - 03:53 AM.

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,933 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

Thank you for this information! We're collecting it to help us determine baselines and system requirements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users