Requiem + Its Patches + STEP Patche(s)

xExekut3x

Question

Should any, or all, Requiem ESPs be loaded after the STEP patche(s)? I noticed that the STEP Extended patch, at least, overrides some Requiem settings in TES5Edit.

Still not completely familiar with LOOT, but from what I've read, from people on this forum, it seems like I should just trust its logic. But then what about load order recommendations on pack pages such as Requiem or Weather & Lighting? Should those load order recommendations still be implemented?

9 answers to this question

Well I ordered my ESPs according to how the Requiem guide recommends, just in case, but now I'm having another issue. I'm using the optional ESP that allows you to have either Faendal or Sven as followers, but its not working. I've tried it for both of them, but neither give me the optional dialogue to ask them to follow me.

Here is my load order: https://pastebin.com/qTQfFCff

Besides that, which isn't a deal breaker (just useful in the beginning to get a quick follower/helper, especially with Requiem), everything with my setup seems to be working great. But I'm sure after fireundubh releases this guide I'll be changing things up and starting a new.

In what order did you install The Choice Is Yours and Requiem (left pane in MO)? As they both come with a .pex file related to the Faendal and Sven quest. Could you try switching them and report back? That would be really great.

Requiem is loaded after The Choice is Yours. The file "/scripts/QF_FreeformRiverwood01_00074A83.pex" is overwritten by Requiem. Is that what you're referring to? Is it alright to rearrange these files without starting a new play-through? When I reorder these files, should I move Requiem above The Choice is Yours, or move The Choice is Yours below Requiem? I'm guessing the former because The Choice is Yours has several files which conflict with Thieves Guild Requirements.

Or, if that is the file, couldn't I just hide it?

Edited by xExekut3x

Yes, that's the file.

Just hiding it is the better solution, didn't think about that. I'm sorry, I do not know what it will do to your playthrough if the script has started already, this is the kind of thing all mod authers warn about: Changing scripts mid game. That can very well break your save. It can even have utterly unpredictable results in the long run like NPCs crouching and not responding on the other side of the galaxy (example from the CWO forum). If the script isn't started, it will most likely be just fine. There is probably no difference to the variables of the first stage of the quest either.

If you have a savegame just before the quest, you could just try it. If something goes wrong, rearrange the .pex files and reload the old save. But like I said, it could have very unpredictable results in the long run if the quest is already started and you decide to keep the new .pex file.

Edited by Spock

Well I ordered my ESPs according to how the Requiem guide recommends, just in case, but now I'm having another issue. I'm using the optional ESP that allows you to have either Faendal or Sven as followers, but its not working. I've tried it for both of them, but neither give me the optional dialogue to ask them to follow me.

What version of Requiem are you using? In the latest version (which has been out for a while 1.73) you can activate Sven and Faendal as followers using the MCM menu which will then ensure compatibility with TCIY. No reason to use old and out of date patches.

::):

Before I organized my ESP load order according to the guide, I was testing things out and I was able to get Sven as a follower, but afterwards I was not. I did not know about this MCM option, but honestly I don't remember seeing it. I'm going to give Spock's recommendation a try and see how it goes, especially since I already started a new game. :/

Smile44, I still don't see the option you were referring to. I haven't had much time to play since I started a new game, so I have had time to test out Spock's recommendation yet, but I uploaded some screens of my Requiem MCM menu. Is the option you're referring to under a different category? Is it only available with the script that I hid is enabled?

Here is the album: https://imgur.com/a/ahTWj#0

Also, something very strange happened during the opening scene that's never happened to me before: It rained. I'm using your, Smile44, Weather & Lighting Pack. Granted, I do have additional mods that I enjoy playing with, but the only one that could be categorized with weather is Real Shelter. The rain started about the time all the prisoners hopped off the carriages and stopped by the time you jump out of the tower into the inn. It didn't cause any issues. I just thought it odd and hope it isn't an omen to future bugs.