OOooooOOOOoo, ahhhhhh, nice, <drool>. Now that is awesome, and no I can't verify it's legitimacy. BUT, looking at the picture, that mini-map idea, even if it is fake, looks possible. All they did was use the local map for it (the secondary map to the world map), now the question is whether it would update on screen in real time, as you move ya know. But I think it's plausible. Have you tried searching nexus for it?

Edited by CovertSlinky

Dang, guess I am gonna have to look and see if I can come up with a way to do it myself.

If you do this...I will help you test it. (I'm not a modder myself but I have been experimenting with ALOT of mods)

Plox Mini Map can haz

Oh yeah that would be cool, can only dream. 2 minutes reading the video about and comments:

About:

"A very rough proof of concept minimap for Skyrim."

Proof of concept is my way of saying, yes it works but the code is awful and hacky. Reason it looks pasted in is because I couldn't be bothered to make the border's background transparent and have the loaded image underneath it.

No, it is real. It just doesn't work properly, or rather, well enough for me to be happy to release it. One major issue with it is that statics (whole buildings, trees, etc..) will randomly unload. You'll also notice, not so much in this area, elements in the mini map will pop in and out. Haven't really the motivation, or the time, to figure out why.
Edited by justjr

Nothing yet, just spent last two days and nights merging over to windows 8.1. Not a big hamper, but just time consuming to get things neatly re-situated. But I am good now, so I will look into this thoroughly tomorrow/today whatev's, lol, I haven't been to bed yet so it's tomorrow for me :). But I will post back with my findings.