Template Standards

templates standards admin

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

When creating templates on the wiki, please use the following format, which strictly implements the <includeonly> and <noinclude> HTML tags and adds other useful info (also keep in mind that any linked templates should take the form of {{:TEMPLATE NAME}} [note the colon at front]; otherwise, the first linked template will be treated as a Category link):

<includeonly>INSERT TEMPLATE CODE HERE WITHOUT ANY SPACES OR LINE BREAKS BEFORE THE 'includeonly' HTML TAGS</includeonly><noinclude>__NOTOC__

== Purpose & Usage ==
Describe what this template is intended to do and how it works.

== Examples ==
'''Code:'''
<pre>{{TEMPLATE NAME AND ARGUMENTS}}</pre>
'''Result:'''
{{TEMPLATE NAME AND ARGUMENTS}}

== See Also ==
[[:RELATED TEMPLATE NAME AND ARGUMENTS]]
</noinclude>

This makes it simpler for potential users to determine when/why/how to use the template.

If anyone is willing to go through all of our templates and update them, it would be much appreciated!

PS: I already  did the TOC templates ... Admins: please update this OP as you see fit if work is completed or I missed something ... or if I got something wrong.

#2 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Maybe also have it so that there is a page where all the potential templates exist like the one below. It was my first assumption at a page existing.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Template

I still like what this conversion can do. I fond a few but had no idea how to use them and/or what they actually did.

Edited by hishutup, 27 August 2014 - 04:54 PM.

#3 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Maybe also have it so that there is a page where all the potential templates exist like the one below. It was my first assumption at a page existing.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Template

I still like what this conversion can do. I fond a few but had no idea how to use them and/or what they actually did.

Click in upper right of wiki:

TOOLBOX  >  Special Pages  >  Templates  ;)

#4 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

This will be useful.

#5 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

Edited OP so that __NOTOC__ is inside the <noinclude> tags, as it was the cause of some issues.

#6 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

__NOTOC__ may not be needed, but I found that some of out templates had a TOC, so need to trace what causes that .. also, thanks for beginning the updates!

#7 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

Z, the tag template confuses me. What's up with the CSS that is outside the noinclude zone?

#8 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:04 PM

Ask s4n (he created it for use on mod pages) ... I think it defines the style of the tag elements on mod pages. The tags contain (among other things) the icons for the mod attributes (e.g., Core)

#9 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

Finished thru M more or less (some templates have little information, and just have placeholders, as in here). Need to do N to end.

Edit: Now done thru P.

Edited by DoubleYou, 06 May 2015 - 04:23 PM.

#10 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:30 PM

Many thanks!

#11 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:40 PM

All done.

#12 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

Great, thank you for taking care of it all ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted, templates, standards, admin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users