Installing Omod's with Mod Organizer

antonio4198

Question

I wanted to use Mod Organizer with Oblivion and i'm trying to install Qarl's Texture Pack 3 but they are all OMOD's. So Mod organizer doesn't recognize them. Anybody know how to convert it or something so i can install them with Mod Organizer?

Edited by antonio4198

Getting back to the OP. Can someone convert the OBMM handling code from the repository of OBMM and make a plugin for MO?

There is also the source for the older OBMM v 1.2.22 in https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5010/? TexModManager.

At least that way we can get the functionality of OBMM to handle the OMODs without having to install something extra. (yes I know it isn't really that hard to install it and let it handle those files)

You have probably deviated somewhat from the original question here. - So, what about the original question:

Does the latest mod organizer 1.3.11.0 for oblivion handle omods in a good way? -> what about ini-changes of mods? -> where to do this changes?

Could I run in troubles when installing omods with MO?

Is it possible to convert an omod-file to let's say *.7z or else? -> How? -> Could i run in trouble?

And another question, does it make sense to unpack a BSA to have loose files? ( I think this is somehow better to handle all mods files... )

You have probably deviated somewhat from the original question here. - So, what about the original question:

Does the latest mod organizer 1.3.11.0 for oblivion handle omods in a good way?

Yes, with a bit of fiddling. Better to manually extract them and convert them to archives. (*.7z)

what about ini-changes of mods? where to do this changes?

Yes it handles these fine also, just make your changes in the "INI-Files" section. I make the DarnUI font changes here and it works fine for me.

Could I run in troubles when installing omods with MO?

See above answer.

Is it possible to convert an omod-file to let's say *.7z or else? -> How? -> Could i run in trouble?

See above. Yes if you don't take into account the correct folder structure. Read ALL the documentation for those mods and if possible get any manual versions instead.

And another question, does it make sense to unpack a BSA to have loose files? ( I think this is somehow better to handle all mods files... )

No, not a good idea. Unless specifically instructed to by a mod guide (and then only if the author has proven to be a trustworthy author), do not extract BSAs.

On an unrelated manner, it would be easier to post new questions than to resurrect a 2 year old thread to ask these.

@GrantSP - a big thank you, you answered to all my questions. the mods i try to convert from omod to else don't have any manual versions as i couldn't find some on all bigger tes- & moddingforums i know and by google too... bsa-extraction would be just for me - i don't want to upload mods created by others to somewhere else

So, now i think this thread could be tagged as answered, all a big Thank You

Edited by rpg4e

Ok, i just found out how to extract / convert omods myself. I've just setup OBMM and did like installing a mod to oblivion but to a empty folder. If there are BSAs i just extracted them with the correct folder structure, i did that to see file conflicts in MO. Afterwards i just repacked it to a *.7z and if there are different options i did different single archives.

...If there are BSAs i just extracted them with the correct folder structure, i did that to see file conflicts in MO. Afterwards i just repacked it to a *.7z and if there are different options i did different single archives.

Why? There is no need to extract BSAs if you want to check for conflicts and repacking them as 7z archives is not the same thing, unless you're referring to the OMOD structure and not the BSAs?