ELFX and Complete Solitude - how is this even possible?

dstansberry

Question

In my never ending quest to squeeze every last drop out of Skyrim, I recently decided to give Complete Solitude by captainswoop a try. Among other things, it extends the outer wall of Solitude and adds a few buildings and other immersive details. It's very nicely done, in my opinion.

However, I soon discovered that the stairway leading from the "new" outer wall to the "original" outer wall didn't seem to have any sort of collision. I'd sink down to the ground below the stairway and sort of walk through it with my head and arms above and my legs and torso invisible beneath the stairway below - like someone wading through a vat of pudding might look.

Well, after much trial and error, I believe I traced the problem down to what appears be a conflict with Enhanced Lights and FX, but I'm not sure how that would even be possible, given what each mod does.

I use Mod Organizer, and have assigned all mods into various categories of my own. I tested by disabling ALL categories (and thus all mods) except the DLC, Unofficial Patches and SKSE. Complete Solitude worked as it should. I went through each category one at a time, enabling all the mods in that category, running BOSS, and retesting by COC'ing SolitudeExterior01 from a fresh start.When I finally got to the "Weather & Lighting" category, the problem returned. From there it was a matter of disabling everything within the category, then enabling them one at a time until I found the culprit.Lastly, I tested with only those two mods (ELFX and Complete Solitude) installed. I was able to repeat it multiple times - with Enhanced Lights and FX enabled, I fall through the stairs. With it disabled, I'm on solid footing. And it doesn't matter where in the load order each appears.But as far as I can tell, nothing ELFX does should have any effect at all on the solidity of the ground upon which I stand, so this doesn't make sense to me. I'm hoping someone with a bigger brain than I have can explain it to me. :o)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet