**Some Mods not apearing in plugins list?**

wonderboy

Question

Hi,

I am new to MO, but have managed to get it up and running with quite a few mods that are working well. The problem I have is that several mods will not load into the plugins list (on the right of Mod Organiser) even after I have selected them in the left pannel.

All the others that are working in the game always appear in the list first (and then I sort them with LOOT) and they appear in the game. All the ones that don't go into the pluggins list never appear in the game.

So I'm wondering what I am doing wrong?

Some of the mods not working are:

CBBE

FPS Counter

XCE (face mod I think)

HiAlgoBoost

Amiddian Born Mods (all except for the weapons one which does appear in plugins list)

Better Males Underwear

Plus a handful of other that include rock textures.

None of the mods in the mod list have an error icon next to them or are greyed out, they just look like all the other mods that are already working. Does anyone know how to get these to load??

I am running the Legendary version and am using SKSE and the Highres Texture Packs.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

So there is a difference between mods and plugins. Mods refer to pretty much anything that modifies the game, but plugins refer to the ESPs and ESMs that some mods need to modify the game. Certain mods like texture replacers, do not need a plugin.

As for your list, HIalgoBoost is not something that you install with MO. It goes into your root game folder not the data folder. MO can only install mods into the data folder. Not sure if CBBE has a plugin with it. It is a female body replacer for textures and meshes, so it probably doesn't have a plugin. FPS Counter is probably an SKSE plugin, so it would have a .dll that goes into the DataSKSEplugins folder. Better Male Underwear is probably a replacer and doesn't have a plugin.

As for the aMidianBorn mods. Try the Book of Silence, which is a combo of all Cabal's mods in one place. Get all the armor, weapons, and DLC, then install the Content Add-on afterwards. Remove all the plugins except the one from the Content Add-on and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for explaining that, much appreciated.

I will try to look up something on how to install some of those differently as you have suggested. And install the Amid Ian package also and report back.

But with the others like CBBE etc, I was wondering if there is a way to definivly tell if a mod is working in game? Because sometimes it's hard to tell especially if the plug in does not confirm it for you.

Is there another area in MO that will show this if a mod doesn't use a plugin or a way to check within the game?

Edited by wonderboy

Why on earth would you go through the trouble of installing a mod if you can't tell if it's working? Hoping for a placebo effect?

The only real way to know if a mod is really really working is to know what it should do and verify in-game.

MO will highlight a mod (by having the name appear in light grey and italics) if it contains no files at all that would affect the game but there is no way for MO to know if ALL necessary files are there.

Why on earth would you go through the trouble of installing a mod if you can't tell if it's working? Hoping for a placebo effect?The only real way to know if a mod is really really working is to know what it should do and verify in-game.MO will highlight a mod (by having the name appear in light grey and italics) if it contains no files at all that would affect the game but there is no way for MO to know if ALL necessary files are there.

I would have thought that just because there is no plugin selected (which for me confirms that the mod is at least loading) ther must be some other log file or tab that shows every active mod?Anyway in regards to your question:What I have found is that some mods are imediatley obvious but some are more subtle and are only apparent at certain points in the game. Like a quest or follower mod, or maybe even a weapon or armour you haven't found or been able to make yet but your your really excited about what you see in a video. So I still want to know that I can play that part of the game when I get to it to make the experience more fun. Like a mod called the Elven Sisters (followers), I stumbled across a video when checking out some lighting mods and they looked so cool that I thought I have to have them when I get up to that stage in the game, so I quickly installed them in a couple of minutes and they should be waiting when I arrive, but I only know this because MO shows the plugin.Or like when I installed Climates of Tamriel and Super Storms (or whatever it's called), and I only really noticed it after a quite a while when I found myself in the middle of a storm or when I got to an area that was foggy.Even with CBBE I have not been sure because I think I did manage to install it correctly a little while ago when I was using NMM but It didn't look like the videos and pictures I had seen, but I think it's because I chose the skinny pack and I really need to use the body slider as well, but I don't know how to do this. Does anyone know of a good tutorial to use body slider? Edited by wonderboy