Birds and Flocks (by Kazoomie)

Roogal

Adds more birds and hawks to the world, and more bats to dungeons

Roogal - More birds is always a good thing but imo. Seems to be more dragons then birds Posted Image. I'm hoping in the future that this mod author introduced flocks of birds and further increases bird spawn rate.

Discussion thread:
Birds and Flocks by Kazoomie
Wiki Link

this is a content mod

I have to agree with TC on this one. While it technically adds something it's purely for the aspect of improving visuals, and that warrants the Graphics/Textures tag IMO. I always imagined the definition of Content Mods as a mod that adds quests, NPCs, areas, etc; basically things with actual "substance" like what'd you get from DLC, if that makes any sense.

Functionally, this is content, effectively, it is aesthetic. Problem is that this kind of thing can cause conflicts that no pure graphic mod will typically even approach. Therefore, I have to side with content. This adds, but it does not change, right?

Love the aesthetics, but the 'graphic' element is a stretch methinks. If this gets in, then new sounds must also be allowed... If one can kill or otherwise change the behavior of the birds, then I'd say that new weapons & armor and whatever else is also 'graphic'.

I think More Village Animals by Michele Angelo would fit side-by-side with this one.

Similarly, it adds content which is technically interactive. With the mod, you could kill and skin two cows in a given settlement instead of just one.

But cattle rustling clearly isn't the point of the mod. I suppose you could use it that way. I doubt that's how the average user would treat it, however. I'd call it graphic/immersion.

BTW, it's a solid mod with no bugs that I've run into. It makes the towns and villages feel a bit more real. I suggest it along with Birds & Flocks.

• 1 year later...

Regarding the tip "use the birdsclean optional" is somewhat ironic, since BOSS reports it is anything but:

Birdsofskyrim.esp ActiveContains dirty edits: 32 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

• 1 year later...

Installed the "cleaned"  Hearthfire version of this mod for an extended STEP setup and LOOT tells me it's still dirty:

BirdsHFclean.esp

warrning: contains 48 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit

Could not find any recommendations on the guide.

Should I clean it one more time or leave it as it is?

Thanks for help.