Dawnguard Now Available On Steam

I didn't know that there was a bsa load order. I thought the esps were dependent on either the loose files or a bsa.

I have this issue where I can't equip the Vampire Revert power so I'm stuck as a Lord, I think that the power is supposed to be added to the favs menu automatically, but it's not compatible with CFM or the Extreme Patch. Does anyone have this issue? I've just gone on as a dawnguard member to play that storyline first, no biggy.

EDIT: I almost forgot that for SkyProc mods you need to extract the string files from the dawnguard.bsa, since the SkyProc parser was never intended to handle strings.

The new STEP guide will be available shortly (although completely untested for 1.7 and dawnguard)' date=' for now just don't install the hardcore pack, as those are the only mods that might cause problems (obviously definitely don't install non step mods unless they have specifically been updated for dawnguard).[/quote']

When I read this it excited me a bit, but the word shortly may mean a short amount of hours or days. Just wondering which one it is?

The new STEP guide will be available shortly (although completely untested for 1.7 and dawnguard)' date=' for now just don't install the hardcore pack' date=' as those are the only mods that might cause problems (obviously definitely don't install non step mods unless they have specifically been updated for dawnguard).[/quote'']

When I read this it excited me a bit, but the word shortly may mean a short amount of hours or days. Just wondering which one it is?

The guide is done, it just needs to be tested fully by each admin and half a dozen or so volunteers willing to install everything from scratch and give critical feedback so we can fix all the small stuff we probably overlooked.

Note that there will be another major update following just after this one in a few weeks, we got a lot of stuff cooking at the moment.

Perhaps we should just release it now as a beta and let the community at large do the testing, the question is if we will actually get valuable feedback or just complaints :P

I'm fine with uninstalling DG for some testing, lord knows I spend more time modding than actually playing. lol

However, is it not important to know what breaks in DG for future STEP revisions also? Obviously it would not affect the outcome of this current rev.

I'm fine with uninstalling DG for some testing, lord knows I spend more time modding than actually playing. lol

However, is it not important to know what breaks in DG for future STEP revisions also? Obviously it would not affect the outcome of this current rev.

I'm in the same boat, I don't think I've actually played the game for a few weeks.

Of course knowing Dawnguard's impact is important, but it's not the primary concern with the next release.  If there are small problems with a mod then we can maybe fix those, but remember that a lot of the problems stem from individual mods and there's not much we can do about those.