DarnUI modmod for Fear&Loathing (v0.2a - 09/17)

jlkawaii

(update:end of the post)

What's this :

Target: I just hate that using the xbox360 manette is simply better than keyboard for inventory, bartering and caravan playing. Longs names line breaking irritate me too.This modmod will try to modify that.

*First : For azerty* keyboard, and resolution 1920x1080 only at the moment; when i'll consider it beta class, i'll add other keyboard & resolution if there is demand.

(*: [a][z][e][r][t][y]

[q][d][f][g][h]

[w][x][c][v][n] )

*Second:

The key are now :

[ A ] is "Accept"

[ E ] is "Exit"

[ R ] is "Take All"

*Third:

The screens modified now are bartering, and container (with item detail).+Craft & dialog.

*Fourth:

The next modified key will be:

[ R ] can be use as "ENTER/Valid" in the "quantity select" screen

[ E ] can be use as "Exit/Cancel" in the "quantity select" sreen

[ Q ] is  "Back" (i'd like that simulate the xbox manette triggers too)

[ D ] is "Next" (i'd like that simulate the xbox manette triggers too)

[ Z ] is "Up" (as arrow up)

[ S ] is "Down" (as arrow down)

*Fifth:

Bug/malfunction known:

# Some item icon are misaligned (seems to be inherent to the icon) {LATEST}# In crafting, it's key "Q" for launching the "quantity' to craft instead of "A" {SOONEST}# In dialog, the zoom must be decaled at the right of the talker target {LAST}# In dialog, sometimes the "y" position of the line talked (not the topic), are varying from higher to normal {SOON}# Container wasn't modified {SOON}# Tries to use a "modmod_global.xml" flawed. Must learn more. {NORMAL}# Tries to modifie from 2 panels to 1 panel (a la SkyUI) flawed. Must learn more {NORMAL}

Installation : simply install le zip as a new mod and the very last mod in MO. it change only darn and don't impact any HUD. delete what you don't want (or hide it with MO conflict tab)

2014-09-12..........v 0.1a : screenshots and archive of the mod uploaded.2014-09-13..........v 0.2a : Crafting added, dialog modified (i'm looking for how changing the zoom to the talk target), screenshots and new archive of the mod uploaded, old version deleted.Screenshot from 1080p but reduced 50% for uploading here.2014-09-17..........v 0.2a : i'm stucked at moving camera position in dialog. Added german keyboard version of 0.2a.Cosmetics change to the post and clarifications.

DarnUI modmod - 0.2a.zip

post-456-0-38904400-1410596024_thumb.jpg

post-456-0-21056200-1410596029_thumb.jpg

post-456-0-89467900-1410596036_thumb.jpg

post-456-0-23544700-1410596044_thumb.jpg

post-456-0-19412600-1410596050_thumb.jpg

post-456-0-73220800-1410596055_thumb.jpg

DarnUI modmod - 0.2a (German Keyboard2).zip

Edited by jlkawaii

This is awesome, thanks! :)

Having a different key for Take All than Accept sold it for me. Hate when stuffing containers and accidentally pressing A one too many times, ugh...

The other changes are nice too. Liking it!

Now I got a problem, the A key isn't working. I'm on a german keyboard. How/where can I fix/change that? R and E keys are correct.

This is awesome, thanks! :)

Having a different key for Take All than Accept sold it for me. Hate when stuffing containers and accidentally pressing A one too many times, ugh...

The other changes are nice too. Liking it!

Now I got a problem, the A key isn't working. I'm on a german keyboard. How/where can I fix/change that? R and E keys are correct.

i'm happy that you're pleased with this WIP ^^. the same key for take all was also an irrtating thing for me. I'm actually looking (and Blocked) about the camera positionning in dialog.

what are the key on a german keyboard ? (i'll add it now as you are the only one asking :))

I modified using an azerty keyboard (fr)

AZERTY

QSDFG

WXCVB

Edited by jlkawaii

I think that you may be able to improve this if you speak to the guys on the TTW forums that are doing an update to DarnUI to add in a lot of the missing features the Fallout 3 version had that the New Vegas one didn't. I think they're making some other changes for improvements and fixes too, and it'd be nice to be able to have both their changes and these changes without having to mess about with the files. Here's a link for their thread on it.

Edited by Omolong

Thanks from another german, aswell. Really annoying when you just put a metric ton of stuff into a locker and then hit A.

Glad to read ^^.

I think that you may be able to improve this if you speak to the guys on the TTW forums that are doing an update to DarnUI to add in a lot of the missing features the Fallout 3 version had that the New Vegas one didn't. I think they're making some other changes for improvements and fixes too, and it'd be nice to be able to have both their changes and these changes without having to mess about with the files. Here's a link for their thread on it.

thanks, i'll see it :)