Using RadeonPro with Mod Organiser & SPM under STEP:Core

theblackman

Question

I posted this in the official forums but perhaps I should've posted here first...

I'm creating a build using STEP core and I'm up to the ENBoost step.

I'm also using RadeonPro with SweetFX enabled using a preset recommended for Skyrim.  I know that using ENBoost with SweetFX is fine.

I have set Mod Organiser to run through Skyrim Performance Monitor, per the instructions.  However, for RadeonPro to do its thing I have pointed it to the Skyrim executable (I had it set like that before I reverted Skyrim to vanilla and embarked upon a STEP install) so that SweetFX can work its magic. 

Now things have become more complex, I have a few questions:

1. In RadeonPro, should I nominate the executable under the launcher tab to be ModOrganizer.exe?

2. What's the benefit of going full ENB over sticking with SweetFX?

3. Will RadeonPro and SPM conflict in any way?

I'm running an iMac with 1GB VRAM & 16GB RAM.
Edited by theblackman

5 answers to this question

According to the RadeonPro developer they are "probably not compatible".  But will RP & ENBoost work together?

Sorry, late reply, But Im havingthis issue also, in answer to your question (encase anyone else discovers this thread) No, ENBoost requesrs an ENB set to even work, hence RP will not work with ENBoost as it requires an ENB to work itsef...

Well RadeonPro and ENB work together to some degree at least. In fact it's the only way for me to get stutter free Vsync. ENB's Vsync causes annoying micro stutters on my system. But disabling it in enblocal.ini also overrides any Vsync settings in skyrim.ini and the CCC. So I "have" to use RadeonPro to get proper Vsync.

I don't know though if it's possible to use RP's more advanced features like Ambient Occlusion, SweetFX etc. with ENB. Never tried that. I'm using RP only to force Vsync and AF. It works fine alongside Vividian ENB.

I'm also using MO. If anyone needs instructions on how to use RP with MO, let me know. It's a bit tricky but it works.

• +1 1

Well RadeonPro and ENB work together to some degree at least. In fact it's the only way for me to get stutter free Vsync. ENB's Vsync causes annoying micro stutters on my system. But disabling it in enblocal.ini also overrides any Vsync settings in skyrim.ini and the CCC. So I "have" to use RadeonPro to get proper Vsync.

I don't know though if it's possible to use RP's more advanced features like Ambient Occlusion, SweetFX etc. with ENB. Never tried that. I'm using RP only to force Vsync and AF. It works fine alongside Vividian ENB.

I'm also using MO. If anyone needs instructions on how to use RP with MO, let me know. It's a bit tricky but it works.

Hey - just saw your reply after all this time.  I'm keen to know how to use RP with MO - if you'd care to write up how to do it or post a link to a resource.  Thanks! :)