How do I add perks to my followers?

Clouddistrictcitizen

Question

I want to add some people from interesting npcs perks since the authors didn't add any. So far I've tried:Console command 'addperk' - doesn't work, checking that perk later with 'hasperk' command says the rank is 0.Tes5Edit - really complicated.Creation Kit - crashes for me when I try to open 3dnpc.NPC editor https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4554/? - nothing changes in game for some reason and checking the exported esp with t5e shows lots of errors with no signs of perks.

Are there more ways?

2 answers to this question

I use TES5Edit, not that complicated. You can use vanilla npcs as a template to cut and paste from. Open 3DNPCs.esp, view a vanilla housecarl & use right-click edit on a perk to copy the entry. View the Interesting NPC in its esp and right-click add a new perk then right-click edit to paste in the info. If you make a mistake, don't save on exit, if you're happy with your changes save the updated esp. To be safe, copy the original 3DNPC.esp to a safe location before you try editing.