Version numbers in MO

Glanzer

Question

I asked about this a while back but got some resistance, even though the support people for MO seemed to argue with one another about it at the time.  Anyway, here goes...

Would you PLEASE consider not translating the version numbers for mods into something YOU think they should be?

I have so many mods that use very silly things for their version numbers, and I would like to preserve what THEY say their version is in the MO interface.  As it is now i have to keep a separate Word document with EVERY mod I've installed to track that information since MO can't do it.  For example, if the mod author says "version Final", and I type into MO "Final" that turns into "1.0" in the interface which tells me NOTHING.  Or if I type in "3.0a" in the interface that becomes "3.0alpha".  I was once reprimanded by a mod author for referring to his supposed "alpha" version because that's what I saw in MO!  And 3.0b becomes "3.0beta".  Lots of other weird translations.  I often just enter periods between the numbers and letters to try to fake it and prevent it from changing on me.

I think the MO version number should allow any arbitrary string to be entered WITHOUT changing it for us.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet