No menu at start when using STEP Extended 2.2.9

fitzxvii

Question

Hi all,

I have installed STEP using the extended mods, and I believe I have followed the instructions to a 't'. However, when I tried to start the game I just have a main menu screen, minus the menu. In fact, the Imperial dragon symbol isn't spinning either, but it's supposed to.

If I disable the mod Bring Out Your Dead, which also disables Consistent Older People and the STEP Extended Guide, the game completely loads with the main menu intact and the metal dragon logo spinning.

I have heard the Bring Out Your Dead had a problem with this temporarily due to an incompatibility with USKP, but I was also under the impression that this was corrected in the latest update.

Has anyone else had an issue with this, and is there anything I might do to fix this?

Thanks,

Fitz

11 answers to this question

Well, Consistent Older People couldn't be active without Bring Out Your Dead since I grabbed the compatible version, but after enable both of them but not the STEP Extended patch, the main menu shows up properly with no issue.

Has anyone else had this problem with the STEP Extended patch? I imagine if they did I'd have found someone mentioning it, but I haven't seen anyone else posting anything about it.

EDIT: Also, thanks for your response. I haven't posted to the forum before even though I've been using STEP since it first launched, and it's nice to have back-up from the community and staff.

Edited by fitzxvii

Thanks or the quick responses, DoubleYou.

I'm not at home at the moment, but I had it open this morning before work.

I know for sure that I am using the most recent STEP Extended Patch, and that it isn't missing any masters. However, after sorting my plugins with LOOT, they apparently weren't in the order that the STEP Extended Patch wanted, so I changed the order within the master list of the patch. Should I have instead changed the order of the actual plugins, and would this have caused the issue? I didn't think about it until now, but I should have thought to mention it earlier.

Well, I officially have egg on my face.

Reordering the plugins the way that the STEP Extended Patch wanted fixed the issue. I don't know why LOOT didn't do this already, but I can modify the way it sorts them to make sure it stays that way.

Thanks for your help!

Well, I officially have egg on my face.

Reordering the plugins the way that the STEP Extended Patch wanted fixed the issue. I don't know why LOOT didn't do this already, but I can modify the way it sorts them to make sure it stays that way.

Thanks for your help!

Some of the mods have meta instructions to help LOOT sort them properly.  Maybe you missed one somewhere?

If a mod is giving you problem, not being ordered the way it should, you could edit its rules in LOOT so that it will be loaded after another mod.  That way, if you install more mods and use LOOT again, you won't have to worry about it messing with your load order.