Photo
- - - - -
Skyrim

SkySight Skins - Ultra HD 4K and 2K - Male Textures and Real Feet Meshes (by fadingsignal)

testing mod

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 fadingsignal

fadingsignal

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

POPULAR

Hello!  Apologies for the "self promotion" but being a huge fan of STEP, I thought this could be of interest.

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/58443/?

I made a new texture set from scratch, for all non-beast males, using vanilla as the strict baseline.  I tried to create the textures as if Bethesda released Skyrim in HD from the get-go.  I painstakingly drew every hair by hand, and on the "dirty" version put a lot of effort in to match similar patterns and markings as vanilla, including clumped body hairs.  There are 6 variations all together, the default being clean skin with body hair.

Have a look and let me know what you think!  Patches for popular body replacers are coming, but this was meant to be a "set it and forget it" mod for the vanilla game, without any additional fuss.

Thank you!

#2 Livnthedream

Livnthedream

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:29 AM

Looking forward to females so they will match. Really been disappointed in men and women looking for different.

#3 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

These look really good. On watch until Better Males / SoS compatibility for me. :)

#4 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

Why are there no Female Body Replacers in STEP? Just XCE?

#5 gpthree

gpthree

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

I took the suggestion in the nexus forum thread and used True Daughters of Skyrim with this mod and they look great together. I usually always play with some type of face or elf replacer because I hate the ugly elves in skyrim. I'm going to try and use this and go without a replacer because this looks really great.

#6 fadingsignal

fadingsignal

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:30 PM

POPULAR

I took the suggestion in the nexus forum thread and used True Daughters of Skyrim with this mod and they look great together. I usually always play with some type of face or elf replacer because I hate the ugly elves in skyrim. I'm going to try and use this and go without a replacer because this looks really great.

Thank you much, glad you like!  I tried to make the filesize as small as possible without sacrificing quality as well.  By contrast, True Daughters of Skyrim is completely uncompressed (all textures/normals/spec) and full 4K, so it weighs in at over 256MB for a single NPC (yikes! I had to make an optimized version for personal use.)  Mine is around 70 for 'Ultra', 30 for 'High'.

I'm still planning to make a matching female set.  Someone suggested the author of TDoS and I team up, but not sure about that; artistic visions are always hard to mesh!  But I digress!

Also, patches for Better Males / Better Male Feet / SoS are coming soon.

#7 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

Also, patches for Better Males / Better Male Feet / SoS are coming soon.

Excellent, looking forward to playing with that.

#8 DefyVelocity

DefyVelocity

Prisoner

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

Excuse me while I pop back by dislocated jaw that dropped to my feet, AMAZING WORK!!!

#9 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

Why are there no Female Body Replacers in STEP? Just XCE?

Because there aren't any that fit the vanilla female body. This is the reason for the STEP Female Overhaul.

#10 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

What is the STEP female overhaul? Sorry, I've been away for a while. I'm still running a hybrid 2.2.8/2.2.9 install as well.

#11 fadingsignal

fadingsignal

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

Excuse me while I pop back by dislocated jaw that dropped to my feet, AMAZING WORK!!!

Thank you!  Glad you enjoy.

#12 Teabag86

Teabag86

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:55 AM

G'day Fadingsignal, The new textures are absolutely incredible. Fantastic job! You have a real eye for detail. Many thanks. Cheers, Teabag

#13 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

If I'm using STEP 2.2.9 and I wanted to use this mod, do I just swap this in for Better Males?

#14 DefyVelocity

DefyVelocity

Prisoner

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

What is the STEP female overhaul? Sorry, I've been away for a while. I'm still running a hybrid 2.2.8/2.2.9 install as well.

The download link is in the guide section of the forum, it's mostly based off of Mature Skin, I think.

#15 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

The download link is in the guide section of the forum, it's mostly based off of Mature Skin, I think.

Hm..can't seem to find it.

Also, if I want to use Skysight Skins, do I just put it in the same place as Better Males?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, testing, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users