SkySight Skins - Ultra HD 4K and 2K - Male Textures and Real Feet Meshes (by fadingsignal)

fadingsignal

Has anyone actually used BM with these textures?  I just re-installed BM and SkySight Skins (no feet mesh) and while now feet show up in footwraps and such, the texture seems to be missing or broken

I did, Better Males uses the Real Feet meshes, so you have to install them.

first install Better Males Underwear - Default
then install SkySight Skins with the Real Feet meshes (choose the real feet meshes option in the fomod)

Skysight Skins will replace the bare feet meshes only.
Edited by Hackfield

• 2 months later...

Hey all!  Wow it's been ages since I made this post (1 year and 10 months!) 

Happy to be considered for this.  I'll address a couple of points:

Sandals with New Feet:

• It had been a very long time since I updated, so in my haste to release the update back in September I failed to edit the new feet into the open-toed shoes.  This is on my charter to fix.

SoS Patches:

These have kept being delayed for a couple of reasons:

• I am not an SoS user currently, and it felt like the myriad options (if even perceived) were a little confusing for me to figure out exactly how to adapt my skins to them.  Minor issue but a roadblock nonetheless.
  • I'm not content doing a hacky "blend", so when I finally get to them (already about 20% done) I will be hand painting all of the ... bits ... to keep the standard as high as the primary skins themselves
  • I never personally considered SoS to be part of the enhanced vanilla experience / STEP, but if it has become so, I may push this further up the queue.  Realism and all that :)

Neck Seam:

• This is a tough one.  I am using the vanilla normal maps as a base, and so I actually spent many hours improving them over vanilla, which are pretty bad in some spots, especially around the thighs.  If you do a before/after in the exact same spot/light/time of day (make a save and load it) compared to vanilla you should be able to tell.  I personally don't ever see it, and haven't really heard this as a complaint.  Aside from making a new body mesh with improve vertex normals, and new normal maps baked from it I don't think this can be fixed for every angle/lighting situation.  Always open to ideas for sure.

Thanks for considering this for testing.  My feelings won't be hurt if it isn't chosen, but I will certainly be excited if it is :)

Edited by fadingsignal
  • +1 1

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure I understand... I've been using this for the past year - admittedly, I've been tweaking my setup more than I've been playing, but I have played through to level 8/10 multiple times, with Frostfall/Ineed/Hunterborn and skillexpmults at about half in uncapper - so like 20-30 hrs. each, and I haven't noticed a single issue - with shoes, without, pants/no pants, etc.  At the absolute most I've seen very minor neck and or wrist seams, but only under certain lighting conditions, from certain angles - and only when purely inspecting the textures.  Never in actual gameplay.  What is the issue with feet that needs to be fixed?

I've taken a couple screenshots - now these are not off a STEP profile as I don't have a proper one currently, and I'm using all kinds of stuff STEP doesn't, so the intention isn't to be true STEP 'testing' shots.  However I think it's hard to look at these and think - shelved until the feet get fixed?  Really?

https://imgur.com/a/G8Dxg

* the one issue I can see is the lack of female textures.  I use Mature Skin with the vanilla body and like it, but there is a slight disparity in each authors approach, making them not perfectly harmonious with one another.  Still, for me it works. 

If it helps, the author, fadingsignal, wrote an article about the mods he uses in complement to his mods

He recommends True Daughters of Skyrim, although I prefer a slighty modified version of Pride of Valhalla (which is a mix between Mature Skin and Real Girls).
Edited by Hackfield

Just to be sure, I just checked back in game with fur shoes, as per the post on the last page.  In my setup (it's been a while since I installed these) I believe I have Better Males with SkySight Skins + Real Feet Meshes overtop, and no issues there.

I use this same setup also for males. I am very happy with this solution.

As an aside, I am very surprised ( and a little disappointed ) that SoS is part of STEP

lol I think Neo said he was waiting on SoS to add it to SRLE on one of the first pages (which I'm guessing was a joke, as SoS isn't in SRLE either).  I think people are confusing Neo's comment for an official 'STEP' position.  OR it's all a joke.  I can't tell.

Also yes I am stupid.  I thought the Better Males meshes had taken care of all the feet issues with this wonderful mod, but alas.  The Forsworn boots with the open toe.  And probably others that I haven't seen yet.