I'm not a smart man...

Judassem

Question

Hi,

I have been following this guide -> https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9 to get a clean Skyrim install, but today I noticed a big mistake  :confused:

While installing the mods through Mod Organizer, I noticed that in the STEP list, I jumped from 2.E. Interface to 2.G. Landscape & Environment, and then (even worse), continued with 2.H. Characters & Creatures. That means I completely skipped 2.F. Conflicting Graphics. I realized this just as I was about to start 2.I. Clothing & Equipment.

Now, I'm thinking of returning to 2.F. Conflicting Graphics, installing all the mods there, then reinstalling all the mods down the line (in order) from 2.G. Landscape & Environment and 2.H. Characters & Creatures. I'm hypothesising that if I follow this procedure, I'll still be able to overwrite everything that was meant to be overwritten in 2.F. with mods from 2.G and 2.H. 

Amirite? Any thoughts? Is my setup doomed, or can it be salvaged through my, or any other, method?

5 answers to this question

Wow, I didn' think it would be as easy as that, thanks.

One thing comes to mind, though. If I can reorder which mod overwrites which by just dragging & dropping, how does MO retain the loading order dictated by LOOT? If LOOT says "Mod X should load after Mod Y," but I manually placed Mod X before Mod Y on MO, which order prevails?

The install order (left pane) and load order (right pane) are kept independent from one another in all the mod managers. It's not just a MO thing. So install the mods in a specific order to address conflicts properly and then run LOOT. Both lists will be maintained as they should be without you needing to worry about things like that.