MO issues - Error Deleting File or Folder

DukeOfCornwall

Question

Hi all. I'm new to Skyrim and new to this forum.

While installing Skyrim I came across MO and loved the concept.

When I played Oblivion I installed mods manually & via OMM so appreciate the advance MO represents.

My MO problems? Several -

A) I get the following (Windows?) error when I do almost anything:

> Error Deleting File or Folder> Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk

B) When I close MO I get the following additional two errors:

> Error Renaming File or Folder> Cannot rename ModOrganizer.ini: A file with the name you specified already exists. Specify a different name.> MO Failed to write settings> An error occured trying to write back MO settings: The file name is too long. (errorcode 111)

C) When I try to use my Skyrim shortcut I get:

> MO Error> failed to start application: No profile set

Some background info:

1. I run Windows XP - SP3 (*brush off cobwebs*) :blush: At least it doesn't have access rights issues!

2. I have Skyrim Legendary Edition on DVD. I installed and updated this first.

3. A website (STEP?) advised that I create/ modify some ini files to help with Skyrim stability. I believe I did this before running the game or MO.

4. I then downloaded and installed MO. All was working fine - no error messages.

5. I had trouble downloading and installing mods from Nexus via MO, even with NMM version set to 0.52.0

6. I downloded the mods I wanted manually and used MO to install them from archive.

7. MO detected SKSE so I used it to create a shortcut and used that to launch Skyrim.

8. Without starting a new game I used console to enter GetSKSEVersion. I discovered SKSE was not running. My first problem!

8. Something I read (sry - memory failure) implied I ought to install .NET Framework 4.5. Foolishly I started to d/load this but it failed - it does not support XP.

9. I believe my MO error msgs started at about this time though it may be coincidence.

7. I watched Gophers SKSE guide again and then redownloaded SKSE and reinstalled it

8. I again launched Skyrim (not starting a new game) and this time GetSKSEVersion reported that SKSE was working. YAY!

9. I started a new game and created a new character. Just as the dragon attacked Helgen I experienced a CTD

10 I repaired .NET Framework 4 just in case my abortive installation of .NET Framework 4.5 had screwed anything up.

11. I checked and altered MO, all the time getting repeated error msgs.

12. Launching Skyrim from MO (as shortcut no longer works) I again had CTD at same point.

13. The MO Saves tab told me that my two save files had ESPs missing

I could not attach my mo_interface.log so I include below a part of it:

18:22:04 [D] Working directory: C:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscommonSkyrimMod Organizer18:22:04 [D] MO at: C:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscommonSkyrimMod Organizer18:22:04 [D] managing game at C:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscommonSkyrim18:22:04 [D] cleaning up unused files18:22:04 [D] setting up configured executables18:22:04 [D] initializing tutorials18:22:04 [W] localization file qt_en_US not found18:22:04 [W] localization file organizer_en_US not found18:22:04 [D] loaded language en_US18:22:05 [D] interface Local Area Connection seems to be up (address: 192.168.1.64)18:22:05 [D] looking for plugins in C:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscommonSkyrimMod Organizerplugins18:22:05 [W] localization file bsaExtractor_en_US not found18:22:05 [D] loaded plugin "C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Mod Organizer/plugins/bsaExtractor.dll"18:22:05 [W] localization file checkFNIS_en_US not found

Sorry for the detail and length of this post but I do not know what might be helpful.

I suspect I may have multiple issues but I'd just like to be sure that MO is working fine.

I hope you good people here might be able to point me in the right direction?

3 answers to this question

An update:

1. I uninstalled MO by deleting the MO directory

2. I installed MO v1_2_12 - the latest version!

3. MO v1_2_12 failed to run:

> ModOrganizer.exe - Entry Point Not Found> The procedure entry point QueryFullProcessImageNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

4. One site claims that this function is only available on Windows Vista, not XP which I run.

5. Deleted v1_2_12 and installed v1_2_11

6. MO v1_2_11 runs but I still keep getting the errors I reported above (Error Deleting File or Folder etc.)

Soooo... could someone confirm if MO v1_2_12 cannot run on XP?

Can anyone please help me with my original problem? :confused:

Edited by DukeOfCornwall