Why SKSE plugins can be installed but other *SE plugins can't.

GrantSP

Question

OK, let's set the stage.

I have just recently converted to MO and I started with my new installation of Skyrim. I followed the video tutorials and wiki pages and I have successfully modded that game and it runs perfectly. Obviously this meant I installed SKSE manually. The mods that have SKSE plugins I installed via MO and they all work, ie. they appear in the logs and the functionality is evident.

Now I am in the process of migrating Oblivion, Fallout [3/NV] over to MO with fresh installs and loads via MO.

Starting with Oblivion I gave myself a fresh install from disc and started with the basic/essential mods. This also meant OBSE installed manually. Again, everything works as I expect. Next step though threw me. As I had been able to install mods that have *SE plugins via MO into Skyrim I expected the same for Oblivion. No such luck.

After posting a 'bug' report on the tracker, Tannin responded with the message that *SE plugins can't be installed via MO and must be done manually. Now I don't have a problem with installing them manually, I just want to know:

What are so different with OBSE, and I assume FOSE/NVSE plugins, from SKSE plugins that they need to be handled differently?

BTW, I am fully expecting someone to say something like: "they are all supposed to be installed manually, so you must have installed them outside of MO before."

Nope, my Skyrim Data folder is as clean as the day it was installed, nothing 'non-Bethesda' in it.

Feel free to be as technically descriptive as you need to be. I am not a novice when it comes to code. I can read and understand most languages, sadly though that doesn't transfer across to writing and creating new code, much to my dismay. I have never been able to get that part of my brain to fire. :wallbash:  ::(: