Ripples (by ramccoid)

ramccoid

Mod Source:
Ripples by Ramccoid

{Mod Author, please insert OP text}

OP originally by Fereval:
The mod simply replaces 1 meshe and 4 water textures. No esp.
It's basically a more pronounced/stronger ripple effect. 

This replaces the ripple effect seen in rivers, lakes and pools when it rains. I didn't feel that the vanilla ripples looked like they were being caused by the rain. So, I added a couple more textures to the effect to make the water look more busy when it rained. I now think it looks more like it is being reacted upon by the drops.
The image doesn't do the effect any justice as it is meant to be viewed in action.

Available in x256, x512 (Vanilla/RW2), x1024 and x2048 sized textures.

--

Personal observations after testing  :

-The effect visibility vary a lot depending from the point of view of the camera in relation to the water surface, making it best compared in motion.
-The effect is affected by ENBs, making the edge of the ripples stands out more or less depending on which settings your preset use. This becomes very noticeable if you look upclose with some presets (making it arguably worse), but the issue can also be seen with the original Realistic Water 2 textures, although in a less pronounced manner.

Realistic Water 2 only :
58452-1-1412279273.jpg

Realistic Water 2 + Ripples (x512 version : Vanilla and RW2 size) 
58452-2-1412279273.jpg

Shots are taken with a SR:LE performance build, alongside Viviand ENB - Vivid preset tweaked for performance.
I quite like the effect, and I think it could compliment nicely some of the many heavier rain mod out there.

Edited by z929669