Installing DDSopt: Question

Dirtylimerick

Question

I made a mistake when installing and before I proceed I wanted to make sure I didn't break anything. At this point in the quick start guide: 

"Clean up the redundancies and extraneous files in the vanilla HRDLC textures by executing 1_HRDLC_Clean-START_2.7.bat and review the log files if necessary (HRDLC_Clean_ERROR.log should be empty if all went well). This cleaning process runs very quickly and removes 721 files and 34 folders. More details are available in Repair the HRDLC Textures."

Instead of running the above batch I instead ran the first batch in the archive entitled something similar such as "1_HRDLC_Clean". 

After I realized what I did, I ran the correct one and then checked the log file and there were a ton of missing textures, etc. I assume that is because the first batch I ran did the job of the second one and the second one is just reporting all of the items that were properly wiped out by the other batch but I don't actually know that which is why I was hoping someone could clarify if what I did presents a problem or not. 

Any help is greatly appreciated as I move forward with the Herculean task of properly modding Skyrim.

Edited by Dirtylimerick

2 answers to this question

All the 1_HRDLC_Clean-START.bat batch does is to setup the log file and then run the 1_HRDLC_Clean.bat batch file that actually does the removals. Once you have run the 1_HRDLC_Clean.bat batch file that does the cleaning, whenever you run the 1_HRDLC_Clean-START.bat batch file there will be lots of errors in the log file since the files were already removed. If you have already run 1_HRDLC_Clean.bat you are finished with cleaning; you don't have to worry about it.