ENBSeries INI Guide

TechAngel85

JawZ: Good to know we are on the same page! I agree that for new users/tweakers then it is perhaps not the most transparent way of saying it! :) 

Manga: He wants the following "technique Shader_ORIGINALPOSTPROCESS" back. This will trigger when the you toggle "use orginal game post processing" in enbseries.ini. Then it will use that technique instead of the default one. Afaik it should be enough to simply copy back in that technique and call it a day. Ofc. making sure the vertex shader name is the same I believe it is called VS_Quad() by default, and you might have renamed it. The rest of the defines should be done in the funky pixel shader he has made (which is just another way of typing the AGCC you can trigger above.).

Hope that made sense, otherwise let me know! You got me on steam if the need arise! 

I didn't realize that about the palette either... I might have to rethink using it too. Does an increased resolution palette help or is the size limited to 256x256?

Obviously, procedural color correction is probably all around the better way to go, but if an increased size does help, it might be good to add that to the guide as well.

The max size of the palette is 256x256. If you increase further I think it just rescales it back down again due to how Boris have coded it. 

But yeah, if you got the time and patience to do proper tonemapping techniques, and color correction tweaking then that is always the superior way of getting a look.. technically speaking ofc. If you got a good look using a palette then just use that. Just because something is technically superior does not mean it is artistically. 

Last time I checked you don't need to activate or deactivate anything in order for the Procedural Color Correction to function. The way I read it is like you need to deactivate any ENB post-processing and activate the APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION for the the Procedural Color Correction to work, which is not the case. I figure you meant it as a more optimal approach to alter from vanilla into "X visual preference".

However as it is now with the format of the PCC section it would seem that you need to do this and that before trying to activate the effect. Altering for instance "To use this feature:" into "To use this feature to alter from a vanilla base look;" would imply that there are no requirements to turn certain effects of to be able to use the PCC effects, which is the case atleast from the last time I used the default files.

I don't know if this will be off-topic or on-topic but i thought it might fit into this section. When using Step Core or if it is part of the Extended pack, the ELYS SKSE Alt+f4 SKSE plugin does not work well with ENB GUI windows, and users of both STEP and ENB should be better informed of this.

Issues are as I've been able to tell, is a bug that causes any input from any keyboard key to result in a double input. So say you want to enter a value to alter it, example 1, it will input two 1's instead of just the one 1, same with the Enter key or as I said any key.

EDIT;

And by the way based on what was talked about earlier on in this thread of doing "modular" effect installation files and waht not, I've started re-coding all my effect resource files into such a format, similar to how Aiyen have done his Skylight preset. To allow an easy installation of additional effect either into the default .fx files or to a clean and empty .fx file/files.

It will become available from here and on nexus.

Edited by JawZ

Last time I checked you don't need to activate or deactivate anything in order for the Procedural Color Correction to function. The way I read it is like you need to deactivate any ENB post-processing and activate the APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION for the the Procedural Color Correction to work, which is not the case. I figure you meant it as a more optimal approach to alter from vanilla into "X visual preference".

However as it is now with the format of the PCC section it would seem that you need to do this and that before trying to activate the effect. Altering for instance "To use this feature:" into "To use this feature to alter from a vanilla base look;" would imply that there are no requirements to turn certain effects of to be able to use the PCC effects, which is the case atleast from the last time I used the default files.

So I'm confused. Using the default files, I tried various senerios to get Procedural Correction to work. The instructions I posted was the only way I could get it to successfully show anything other than a black screen and work. If there is another and proper way to do this with the default files, please do lay out those instructions so that I can update them. But as far as I can tell, that's the only way with the default files. I will change the wording to ensure users know those instructions are from the default files and not custom enbeffect.fx files.

I don't know if this will be off-topic or on-topic but i thought it might fit into this section. When using Step Core or if it is part of the Extended pack, the ELYS SKSE Alt+f4 SKSE plugin does not work well with ENB GUI windows, and users of both STEP and ENB should be better informed of this.

Issues are as I've been able to tell, is a bug that causes any input from any keyboard key to result in a double input. So say you want to enter a value to alter it, example 1, it will input two 1's instead of just the one 1, same with the Enter key or as I said any key.

I haven't been working with ENBs for very long but I've not experienced that issue with that mod yet.

And by the way based on what was talked about earlier on in this thread of doing "modular" effect installation files and waht not, I've started re-coding all my effect resource files into such a format, similar to how Aiyen have done his Skylight preset. To allow an easy installation of additional effect either into the default .fx files or to a clean and empty .fx file/files.

It will become available from here and on nexus.

Whenever you guys can tell me the structure you want/need to do this on the wiki, I'll create it.

When activated, both PCC and Palette, you must hit the button APPLY CHANGES  to not end up with a black screen. But as I said was a long time since I used the default files so I will need to confirm this on my end.

I tested it right now by installing and uninstalling it and I did encounter that problem. But will do some more testing to see that it isn't a combination of mods, thoug I did onyl have the STEP-Fixes mods installed when testing it out.

We haven't really gotten together to talk about this, or atleast I haven't been included into such an conversation. But we should go over it togeher to be able to create a more normalized code install environment to prevent any unnecessary "hickups" when using multiple resources together.

Or something like that.

EDIT;

Activate PCC and/or palette.

Press the button SAVE CONFIGURATION.

Press the buton APPLY CHANGES.

Start customization the PCC gui annotations values.

Edited by JawZ

To get procedual to work you need to have everything contained inside the E_CC_PROCEDURAL define included in your file. As well as all the corresponding GUI elements above. 

The enbseries.ini is to enable this part of the file for editing if you so choose. 

When activated, both PCC and Palette, you must hit the button APPLY CHANGES  to not end up with a black screen. But as I said was a long time since I used the default files so I will need to confirm this on my end.

I tested it right now by installing and uninstalling it and I did encounter that problem. But will do some more testing to see that it isn't a combination of mods, thoug I did onyl have the STEP-Fixes mods installed when testing it out.

We haven't really gotten together to talk about this, or atleast I haven't been included into such an conversation. But we should go over it togeher to be able to create a more normalized code install environment to prevent any unnecessary "hickups" when using multiple resources together.

Or something like that.

EDIT;

Activate PCC and/or palette.

Press the button SAVE CONFIGURATION.

Press the buton APPLY CHANGES.

Start customization the PCC gui annotations values.

I've deleted the instructions. Turns out I think I had Original Post Processing active and the steps you provided here are the standard procedure...so no need for instructions.

As for the Elys mod, I've tested it on STEP:Extended on several parameters and haven't had any issues. Typing works as expected.