Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

• 8 months later...

Posted July 20th by Brumbek on SMIM page.

"Coincidentally, I've actually starting improving all the Riften ropes.

It only took me four years of playing to reach Riften,

but soon enough players will once again see the majesty of SMIM Ropes! Yes, that's right. SMIM will return."

Huge SMIM update today.

Of particular note:

- 3D ropes for Riften docks. New .esp if you don't use the merged version.

- No more being blinded by carriages and smelters when using ENB! :-)

- All USLEEP mesh fixes incorporated.

Changelog:

Version 1.90

-Added 3D ropes to all Riften docks meshes as an installer option. This adds about 500,000 more polygons to Riften docks area, which is no big deal for modern GPUs.

-The new Riften ropes use the vanilla collision despite not being in the exact same location. This works fine in-game though, so I see no need to change it.

-The Riften 3D ropes use a modified vanilla texture. However, there is an alternate style that is a combination of vanilla and xrayy's Riften rope from Better Ropes mod. Thanks xrayy for letting me edit your textures.

-Added a new .esp file for the Riften 3D ropes because I had to move and add a few objects to prevent clipping with my new ropes. This may conflict with mods that edit the Riften Docks, sadly.

-The Merged .esp files were updated with the Riften 3D ropes changes. I left the prior non-Riften .esp files in the archive as manual install options on the off chance someone doesn't want Riften ropes.

-Fixed the bugged vertex color alpha values (3DSMax export error) on the carriage and smelter meshes that caused blinding visual bugs when using ENB. Thanks to x0ne for providing this solution!

-Slightly edited the burned carriage mesh (burntrubblecart01.nif) to improve the UV mapping and make it more burnt. It still uses the low polygon original mesh, but the burn texture masks it.

-Edited UV mapping on the posts in rtcanallock01.nif to not be horribly blurry.

-Updated the NMM installer to note that SkyFalls and SkyMills is superceded by DynDOLOD. The install name has been changed to reflect you should install the compatibility files if you use DynDOLOD.

-Updated the NMM installer to fix an oversight where a user could pick the Skyrim HD or Weathered Furniture options but then have purple furniture textures if the user didn't also pick the initial Furniture install option. Now this is all one install section. Thanks to Edghar for pointing this out months ago.

-Fixed UV mapping skewing on the rock wall in wrstairsplatform01.nif, using the USLEEP mesh as a base.

-Fixed UV mapping skewing and incorrect vertex colors in many places in nortmpextplattower01.nif and nortmpextplattower02.nif.

-Added dwedynamotrigger01.nif to Dwemer Clutter option since this needed to have my Dynamo Core added to it. Thanks Penetrator3 for pointing this out.

-Added 3D chains to dlc2dweclutterfirepot01.nif as part of the Chains Misc install option. Thanks Penetrator3 for pointing this out.

-Fixed a lot of UV mapping issues and increased the small rock polygon count in dlc01rockcaveentrance01.nif.

-Fixed a lot of UV mapping and ugly seams on the rockwork in wrcastlemainbuilding01.nif. This mesh (and most of Whiterun) is still a disaster. Shameful work by Bethesda.

-Updated many meshes to incorporate the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition patch changes, as listed below.

-USLEEP fix: apple01.nif, apple02.nif - collision radius.

-USLEEP fix: bloodyskull.nif - HAVOK material changed.

-USLEEP fix: byohhousetrophyskeleton01.nif - bow UV mapping fix.

-USLEEP fix: byohupperendtable02.nif - improved collision.

-USLEEP fix: cavegepillar06.nif - improved collision.

-USLEEP fix: cratesmall01.nif, cratesmall01eeco.nif, cratesmall02.nif - improved collision.

-USLEEP fix: humanskull.nif, humanskullfull.nif, humanskullfullstatic.nif, humanskullstatic.nif - improved collision/HAVOK material changed.

-USLEEP fix: prisonercarriage01static.nif - improved collision.

-USLEEP fix: farmclothes04 robem_0.nif, robem_1.nif - various fixes.

-USLEEP fix: wench wenchoutfitm_0.nif, wenchoutfitm_1.nif - various fixes.

-USLEEP fix: whwallwulfharth.nif - various fixes.

Another update to v1.91. Apparently a major issue in v1.90 with a skull mesh causing the game to crash. Other things updated as well.

Changelog:

-SMIM'd the long ropes used in various mines, dungeons, and other locations (used in over 260 places). Now they use my 24 sided 3D rope meshes, and are an install option. The rest of the shorter hanging ropes will be done later.

-Updated the SMIM-RiftenDocksRopesObjectFix.esp to include several barrels that should have been edited. The Merged .esp versions used in the full install options were already correct.

-Fixed a serious collision issue on humanskullfullstatic.nif causing the game to crash when loading cells using this mesh. I blame Skyrim's totally wacko collision system.

-Fixed tangent space export errors on cartfurnstatic01.nif causing black wood panels.

-Fixed burned carriage mesh (burntrubblecart01.nif) so it properly burns instead of being bright orange (my mistake in prior version).

-Renamed the various Ropes installer options for better organization.

Another update to 1.92 (thanks to Jimmayus for the heads-up). If you use the full SMIM install (and not a custom install like STEP does), you will need Real Roads for Skyrim.

Changelog:

-Added a Bridges Real Roads install option that uses real 3D cobblestone from dukefx's Real Roads mod. You don't need his mod to use this option, but using his mod is necessary to make all the non-bridge roads 3D. This is the new default install option for the Install Everything option since I recommend all players use Real Roads. If you use a texture pack that conflicts with Real Roads, you'll need to do a custom install and choose another bridge option. Thanks to dukefx for the great mod.

• 5 weeks later...

New update to 1.94.

-Added 3D ropes to Solitude East Empire Trading Co mesh (seastempireco.nif). Also improved the wood posts and added end caps to stop seeing through the mesh. 
-Fixed sbridge01.nif glossy dirt by removing the offending Specular flag. Thanks alt3rn1ty for spotting this. 
-Improved sbridge01.nif UV mapping on dirt to better match other road meshes. 
-Properly smoothed the dock posts for dockcorsol01.nif. Thanks raiserfx for spotting this. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...