Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

I though it was a mistake because someone like me that see it written like this thinks there might be a problem with the sails (knowing how much you tested the mods long ago) even if (imo) that looks a lot better and realistic with them even when looking at the screenshot in the FOMOD!

Idk if you keep checking for mod updates right now but in the last version of SMIM (2.01) Brumbek (the author) decided to merge all the plugins from his mod once you choose options in the FOMOD that requires one.

I figured that is no problem with the current STEP patch (right?) since he did not do any changes to them before merging (I read the changelog).

But you might want to change the instructions I believe at some point (no issues so don't put it at the top of your to-do list ^^) and Essarbee (I may have misspel his name), the one you told me his in charge of the STEP Compilation might want to modify the STEP patches if necessary.

Also offtopic question: How many people look at the STEP guide these days (do you have any stats?), I am just curious.

Have a nice day, whatever you are doing. ::): (I'm not weird, I just want people to be ok!)

He's always had a merged option if you install everything. Since STEP uses the Custom option you end up with multiple plugins (ESPs). However, using the STEP Patches allows users to moves all those plugins into Optional Plugins since we merge them for you in the Patches.

yeah, thats the way I've been using it for over 2 years...

hm,

Maybe you should update the FOMOD instructions for the Windmills : DynDOLOD/SkyMills Compatibility > DynDOLOD/SkyMills Compatibility Sails

​​From searching "sails" and reading in this topic I believe you forgot to change this since 2014. :lol:

I actually did choose "sails" in the options, to check them out, could that be the difference? it is the only deviationfrom the "guide" regarding SMIM.

I trully think that brubek changed the way his FOMOD works and merged all patches ...

got to go now, had a catastrophe at work and I;m being called, I'll investigate more when I have a litle free time.

So I looked at the mod page and turns out he's updated the FOMOD. I guess with all the notifications I've been getting on Jaggarsfeld that I missed this update. I'll download the mod and see about updating the wiki page. Even if you do even up with the merged plugin, nothing would have changed since we've merged this into the STEP Patches. However, if we end up with the merged file, it might be easier to just keep it and leave those changes out of the Patches. Less work is always better! At any rate, I'll add it to my list.

I don't have those sort of stats for the actual server but at the time of the post we have 10,026 members and here are some third party stats (shows previous month): https://www.similarweb.com/website/wiki.step-project.com#overview

Wow I was expecting a lot less visits, even in "a month" and even if it's not "unique" visits!

So I looked at the mod page and turns out he's updated the FOMOD. I guess with all the notifications I've been getting on Jaggarsfeld that I missed this update. I'll download the mod and see about updating the wiki page. Even if you do even up with the merged plugin, nothing would have changed since we've merged this into the STEP Patches. However, if we end up with the merged file, it might be easier to just keep it and leave those changes out of the Patches. Less work is always better! At any rate, I'll add it to my list.

I think the notifications (I mean the icon on the top right) on Nexus ceased to work for some time since SSE launch. To follow mod updates before I start my playthrought (yep i'm not enjoying the game for now ^^) I jsut go in the trackign center since it's sorted in updated time.

Edited by Zorkha

One thing I did note in relation to the SMIM patches is that the STEP wiki lists six ESPs that have been merged into the STEP patch, but recent versions of SMIM include an additional ESP for the Riften 3D ropes that is not listed in the wiki (though it is included in the new SMIM merged patch).  Was this also merged into the STEP patch as well and just left undocumented?

No, you may now keep the SMIM-Merged plugin in your load orders.

The forwards from SMIM will be removed from the STEP Patches in the next release of those files (this will be soon). We'll be instructing users to keep the SMIM plugin active. Now that Brumbek has finally updated his FOMOD, STEP users will receive the merged plugin. Because of this, it no longer makes sense for us to keep forwarding those edits into the Patches. This also means less maintenance for the Patches, which is always a good thing. :^_^:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had an opportunity to look at that Bridges Real Roads thing?  I don't see much mention of it in this thread.  It looks like dukefx let Brumbek incorporate meshes from his Real Roads for Skyrim mod into the bridges for SMIM, and the screenshots make it look fantastic.

Digging through the ModuleConfig.xml (which I have to do anyway for StepperUpper updates), it looks like SMIM has been installing the "Real Roads" versions by default in the "Everything" presets, but the non-"Real Roads" version in the "Lite" presets.

Maybe this could at least be called out as one of those "HQ" nuggets?

(also 2.04 adds a "Glorious Scaffolding" option to Ropes 3D - Dungeons; Brumbek seems to be really excited about this one in the changelog and in the notes)

I've had by eye on Real Roads, but it all needs to go through proper testing. Yes, Brumbek seems to be getting enjoyment from replacing anything with a rope on it lately. :^_^:

I also have the latest version of this mod downloaded to update the wiki page, but am currently in full support mode with my mod, Jaggarsfeld, right now and will be until all the displays are working again. The good news is that I've gotten the hard part done so the rest is just the grind of adding all the displays into the new script. I'm hoping to be finished sometime this evening. Once that mod is settled, I'll turn my attention back to STEP....hopefully.

I've had by eye on Real Roads, but it all needs to go through proper testing.

Just to make sure we're speaking the same language, SMIM's "Bridges Real Roads" option claims that it doesn't require the full "Real Roads for Skyrim" mod by dukefx.  To my knowledge, it just changes the bridge meshes and textures.

I'm not saying the team should just YOLO this option on the mod page without trying it out (besides performance, I'd especially want to look at bridge <--> main road transitions to see if it looks jarring due to the lack of the other mod), just making sure it's clear that I'm only talking about an option that can be fully isolated to SMIM, and not adding the other mod (yet).

• 5 months later...