Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

My apologies...I am using Mod Organizer' date=' not Mod Manager (NMM). Brain fart on my part...[/quote']

Haha I actually read it as Mod Organizer, and meant Mod Organizer as well. :) So what I wrote does apply 100%.

• 2 months later...

Updated:

Version 1.45

SMIM'd more upperclass furniture used in about 400 places (upperbench01.nif, upperbench02.nif, upperbench03.nif, upperchair01.nif, uppernightstand01.nif, uppertablebench01.nif, uppertablebench02.nif).

New custom SMIM high resolution texture and improved UV mapping for the Wooden Chair meshes (woodenchair01.nif, woodenchair01static.nif). The original texture was so hideously low resolution it pained me greatly.

SMIM'd the Hagraven Claw ingredient (hagclaw.nif) to improve the mesh and use a new high resolution texture. The vanilla model was so ugly.

SMIM'd the Hawk Feathers ingredient (hawkfeather01.nif) to use high quality feathers and to remove the horribly bad alpha channel white outline on the vanilla feathers.

Slightly improved the Hagraven Feathers ingredient texture to make the alpha channel not so horrible. This is a vanilla texture replacer.

Fixed farmint2hearth02.nif to remove wood beam going through the fireplace, which was my fault. Thanks Arthmoor for spotting this.

Improved UV mapping and vertex placement on farmint2hearth02.nif fireplace area (vanilla errors).

*Drools at yet another SMIM update*

BTW if it's loose files and we're loading USKP we can disabled StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp but not StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp right? Or maybe I should combine them to be safe

Also' date=' the update uses new meshes for the Dwarven ingot and the meshes will not use the textures from HD ingots even if installed after SMIM.[/quote']

We'll need testers to compare screens with/without new meshes and vanilla/HD Ingots textures .... is it worth the SMIM'd meshes, or do we advise to skip this piece of SMIM?

Probably not that big a deal, but may as well handles this since we know about it.

I look at it in game last night and he changed up the UV map look better with the vanilla texture I believe and it has an excellent reflection now, much better in that regard and I believe HD ingots isn't that much of an improvement that it matters.

I look at it in game last night and he changed up the UV map look better with the vanilla texture I believe and it has an excellent reflection now' date=' much better in that regard and I believe HD ingots isn't that much of an improvement that it matters.[/quote']

That is what I was hoping ... meshes are half the battle of this game that really have not been addressed in many ways yet (accept by SMIM of course).

• 4 weeks later...

The guide here: https://wiki.step-project.com/Static_Mesh_Improvement_Mod is slightly confusing when using Wrye Bash (Wrye Smash). I don't have an actual wizard (in the Wrye Bash terminology), but rather a "Complex Package" with multiple checkboxes.

I've no idea what the "SMIM Default" settings are. I assume multiple things listed with the same number, e.g. "02 SMIM Barrel Textures Animations" and "02 Vanilla Barrel Textures Animations" conflict, so I should pick only one, but what would that be, the first one listed?

Also it seems some numbers are missing in the Sub-Packages list, e.g. there is no number 19, 29, and nothing between 31-40. There are also Half-sized sub packages: 21, two 22s and a 24, as well as Ultra-sized Textures with number 25, do these conflict?

Please elaborate on this.

I'd really rather not use multiple mod managers at the same time since it may result in weird behavior (modding is hard to do right as it is).

Did you right click on the mod and the click wizard so the Wrye Bash wizard would start. From there you can choose SMIM default.
I don't have an actual wizard (in the Wrye Bash terminology)' date=' but rather a "Complex Package" with multiple checkboxes.[/quote']

No, because as I said, there is no wizard option in Wrye Bash for that package, for some weird reason (there is one in NMM).