ENBSeries (by Boris Vorontsov)

frihyland

I haven't run into any problems with default screenshot functionality, but thanks for the tip, it sounds like a solution for sure.

Actually neither do I. But on the different guides I read they all say to disable the in game functionality and use the ENB one because otherwise you will have two screenshot taken :)

You change the "bAllowScreenshot" value in your Skyrim.ini to "0". ;)

Either that or use the steam screenshots. It ever puts the photos in a folder and a nice little pop will show up after you close the game. Using enb or skyrim's screens puts them in the game directory which adds clutter.

Shall I use anisotropic filtering provided by the game, or shall I force it via ENB? There doesn't seem to be any definite answer to this.

Because there is no definitive answer. If you use ENB graphics then you have use ENB AF. I use driver AF since that is the best performance wise, but I admit that Skyrim and ENB AF seem to have a bit more quality. Almost everything thing in life is gray.

Does it make any difference if I enable vsync ingame or in enblocal.ini?

edit:

For some super weird reason it doesn't even work when it's enabled in skyrimprefs.ini, but disabled in enblocal.ini. Guess I am stuck with ENB.

Edited by Octopuss

• 3 months later...

Hey so I'm using ENB version 0.254 and when I start the game I now see a message that says "New version update available for download", yet when I check enbdev in the skyrim section there 0.254 is the latest one shown.

Does anyone know what that might be about?

Edited by Vulgar1

Yep, I backed up my enblocal.ini, reinstalled 0.254, checked if any new settings were added to the enblocal.ini, none were so I cut and pasted the one with my settings back in to the game folder and there is no more message to update at game start.

Thanks Neovalen! :cool:

• 6 months later...

Yesterday Boris pushed a silent update of 0.265, where he added parallax for (vanilla) terrain. This is pretty interesting stuff! 

https://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58293#p58293 

Already a mod has been released that uses the new functionality, and it's looking good on the screen!

Coast Beach Textures for ENB

Thanks! Updated the ENB Guide with new parameter and info about FPS Limiter.

Oh SNAP! Boris has announced he'll be switching to AMD cards soon. NOOOO! ::O: This is because he refuses to leave Windows XP, which is now dead to Microsoft and thus, companies like Nvidia have begun to stop supporting it. Which means no more bug fixes of which Boris is experiencing with Nvidia drivers.  :facepalm:  It's time to move on dude! He's only going to experience more and more issues over time.

I guess for now AMD users will finally get some dedicated support and fixes for ENBSeries.