ENBSeries (by Boris Vorontsov)

frihyland

The new feature is just that...new. It's not perfected and Boris has already stated that some vanilla texture will 'require' fixes or replacements to work correctly. He's implemented it by using height maps in the alpha channels and some vanilla files already have this but are buggy. Same goes for any texture that has a black or white alpha channel.

If he is petitioned, it should be for W7. Even I have left W8 and returned to W7.

W10 it is then!

JK but no seriously I think it would be a good idea to organize a donation drive or something for him to get the OS and maybe a second card. I mean you see these Youtubers like MxR or Gopher, etc getting new equipment for their videos sometimes paid for by users but has Boris ever been offered the same?

Plenty of times... the main issue is that he uses some rather exotic sound setup as well, which requires drivers etc. that are no longer supported either. So in turn he would have to go about and make an entirely new system live up to his apparently rather high requirements for stability etc. 

Give it time! He has said many times he hate AMD and now he wants to convert to it hehe. 

As for the new feature then yeah.. it is going to require some dedicated textures or it just aint going to be pretty. It is still new and as such it will take time for it to be even remotely useful. 

But some talented people already working on it, so lets hope it become a thing, since it does have potential. 

Oh SNAP! Boris has announced he'll be switching to AMD cards soon. NOOOO! ::O: This is because he refuses to leave Windows XP, which is now dead to Microsoft and thus, companies like Nvidia have begun to stop supporting it. Which means no more bug fixes of which Boris is experiencing with Nvidia drivers.  :facepalm:  It's time to move on dude! He's only going to experience more and more issues over time.

I guess for now AMD users will finally get some dedicated support and fixes for ENBSeries.

That's a joke right? How can any software developer be taken seriously if he refuses to leave behind Win XP and only support 1 graphics card developer?

Yes, I know all the software is free and therefore he doesn't actually make a living from it but really? Win XP!

The hardware issue I can understand a bit easier, it is more of an investment to have 2 systems. With the amount of ENB users around maybe even a 2nd system could be scrounged together for him if he can't afford one?

• +1 1

I am disappointed. In no way I have to switch back to nVidia on the next upgrade just because he blew a fuse over a small thing.

As for donations, seems that the political and economic climate had worsened that it would be a headache to even get funding in any way.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I use the ENB only for performance gain (as instructed in S.T.E.P.)

When I start my Skyrim it gives me an annoying message every time about "Speedhack" in red letters, that continues for a while ingame. Is there a way to disable this message? I rather not see that every time I start a game.

The message is there to ensure the user knows the .dll is actually working and not being blocked by 3rd party software. As well as notify which graphics adapter is being used. This is relevant when you are on certain hardware setups. 

There have been some arguments over the amount of time it is displayed, but most people are not bothered by it, and on most mod lists the initital load times are longer than the message, so will be gone before you get ingame.