Lights turning on and off

bern43

Question

Weird issue at the Dead Man's Drink in Falkreath.  When I turn lights seem to be going on and off.  I'm using Phinix Natual ENB, Relighting Skyrim, and ETAC.  Wondering if this is just the limits of the engine or I have a conflict of some sort.  Maybe between ETAC and Relighting Skyrim?  I've got Relighting Skyrim pretty far up in my load order, well before ETAC.  Not sure what's going on but it's very distracting.

8 answers to this question

I think you're most likely right about it being the lighting mods. I don't think it's ETaC (since the place you mention is in the vanilla game) but I could be wrong. I remember there being a bug about things adding light sources similar to what you describe but for dungeons (I'd have to find it). I don't know if there is a way to fix it beyond not using them or editing the mods themselves. perhaps JawZ, Aiyen or Neovalen could help you more. I am not in a position to get at my Skyrim machine right now.

It's the limit of the engine... The engine can only support 6 normal light and of them 3-4 can be shadowing

BUT

That is for one material on a given mesh. That's why you see certain shapes from a mesh flicker off. The meshes from elfx split a single material up into multiple individual material to help with one material not having too many lights touching it.

So, it's not really the lights that shutoff it's the material ignoring the light.

This isn't enb. It's just the lighting mod or etac.

On second thought, I dont know if etac touches that.... So may be bug report relighting skyrim... Idk, I haven't used either for awhile, so I have kinda forgotten.

Did this help?

Very helpful hishutup.  I'll probably go to a few more interior spots to see if the same issue is happening.  Looks like there was a comment on the Relighting Skyrim page that mentions this issue, but no response.  Doesn't seem like much is going on with that mod lately.  Does the lighting solution used in SR:LE use Relighting Skyrim for interiors?  I know it's a combination of ELFX and Relighting Skyrim, just can't remember what mod covers what.

Think I'm going to try the SR:LE lighting combo.  Quick question.  Do I need to remove Lanterns of Skyrim and all of the related patches for it?  Read on here that it conflicts, but the ELFX page actually says they're compatible.